Joseph Leyden can be seen getting into an altercation with an MPDC Officer in what seems to be an altercation over removing the metal barriers (or compromising efforts to re-erect the barriers) at around 1:15 PM.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joseph
- Last Name(s): Leyden
- Case Number: 22-cr-314
- Arrest Location: La Grange, IL
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 01/11/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joseph Leyden's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (3) Civil Disorder (4) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (8) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (10) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (11)
Arrested 8/23/22. Released on personal recognizance on 8/30/2022. Arraigned 10/06/2022, entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. Status Conference set for 2/17/2023 at 2:00 PM before Judge Trevor N. McFadden. Jury Selection/Jury Trial set for 6/12/2023 at 9:00 AM in Courtroom 2- In Person before Judge Trevor N. McFadden.
Assistant United States Attorney MO Bar # 64036 400 East 9th Street, Room 5510 Kansas City, Missouri 64106 email- [email protected] phone- (816) 426-4103
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6 Arrest Warrant, dated 8/10/2022, Returned Executed on 8/23/2022 as to JOSEPH P. LEYDEN
- #11 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOSEPH P. LEYDEN (2) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 8/30/2022.
- #12 First MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Thomas Leinenweber Filing fee $ 100, receipt number DCDC-9500200. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by DANIEL F. LEYDEN as to DANIEL F. LEYDEN, JOSEPH P. LEYDEN.
- #13 First MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Patrick Boyle Filing fee $ 100, receipt number DCDC-9500223. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by JOSEPH P. LEYDEN as to DANIEL F. LEYDEN, JOSEPH P. LEYDEN
- #15 Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Patrick Boyle FEE Previously Paid FEE Previously Paid Fee Status: No Fee Paid. by JOSEPH P. LEYDEN.
- #16 INDICTMENT as to DANIEL F. LEYDEN (1) count(s) 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, JOSEPH P. LEYDEN (2) count(s) 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11
- #19 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Patrick E. Boyle, I appearing for JOSEPH P. LEYDEN
- #20 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DANIEL F. LEYDEN, JOSEPH P. LEYDEN
- #21 ORDER granting the United States of America's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order. See attached Order for details. Signed by Trevor N. McFadden on 10/5/2022
In the news
- Coming soon