There were many videos on mainstream news sites that depicted people in the Capitol Building. In the video, timestamped 2:27-2:29 p.m. Strand and Gold can be seen walking with a companion through National Statuary Hall, which is located inside the Capitol. Gold stated “I can
certainly speak to the place that I was, and it most emphatically was not a riot,” and “Where I
was, was incredibly peaceful.” There is no account of any acts of violence done by either Strand or Gold.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John Herbert
- Last Name(s): Strand
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-85
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 01/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Herbert Strand's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding, Aiding and Abetting Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disruptive and Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/18/21 in the Central District of California Released on conditions. Indicted on 2/5/21 and arraigned on 2/25/21. Strand pleaded not guilty to all counts. His next status conference is set for 2/8/22.
Michael R. Sherwin
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Stephen F. Brennwald appearing for JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Stephen F. Brennwald appearing for JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #18-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #30-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND.
- #31-STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #32-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.13.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.28.2021 as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #37-NOTICE of Discovery Letter by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #39-NOTICE of Discovery Status Memo by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- Docket Download-8.24.21
In the news
- Coming soon