There were many videos on mainstream news sites that depicted people in the Capitol Building. In the video, timestamped 2:27-2:29 p.m. Strand and Gold can be seen walking with a companion through National Statuary Hall, which is located inside the Capitol. Gold stated “I can
certainly speak to the place that I was, and it most emphatically was not a riot,” and “Where I
was, was incredibly peaceful.” There is no account of any acts of violence done by either Strand or Gold.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John Herbert
- Last Name(s): Strand
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-85
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 06/13/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 01/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Herbert Strand's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding, Aiding and Abetting (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disruptive and Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 1/18/21 in the Central District of California. Indicted on 2/5/21 and arraigned on 2/25/21. Strand pleaded not guilty to all counts. Released on conditions on 1/28/21. His trial is currently set for 7/18/22 at 9am. Remains on personal recognizance.
April Holly Ayres-Perez
April Holly Ayres-Perez US Attorney's Office Southern District of TX 11204 McPherson Rd. Ste 100A Laredo, TX 78045 956 723 6523 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Melissa Joy Jackson
Melissa Joy Jackson US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7786 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-8.24.21
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Stephen F. Brennwald appearing for JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Stephen F. Brennwald appearing for JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #18-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #30-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND.
- #31-STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #32-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.13.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.28.2021 as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #37-NOTICE of Discovery Letter by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #39-NOTICE of Discovery Status Memo by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #40-NOTICE of Filing UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #40-NOTICE of Filing UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #43-Joint MOTION to Continue September 28, 2021 Status Conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND.
- #43-Joint MOTION to Continue September 28, 2021 Status Conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #44-MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF OCTOBER 21, 2021 by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND, SIMONE MELISSA GOLD
- #47-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Update by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #49-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by JOHN HERBERT STRAND_
- #53-NOTICE of Filing United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND, SIMONE MELISSA GOLD
- #55-ORDER granting Motion to Strike Portions of the Indictment as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND and SIMONE MELISSA GOLD
- #55 Exhibit Govt Exhibit A
- #55 Exhibit Govt Exhibit A-1
- #55 (Exhibit Govt Exhibit B)
- #56 ORDER granting 55 Motion to Strike Portions of the Indictment as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND and SIMONE MELISSA GOLD.
- #59-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jason Manning appearing for USA
- #62 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Trial by JOHN HERBERT STRAND.
In the news
- Coming soon