According to Chance Uptmore, James Uptmore’s son, James advised against going inside the Capitol. Chance did not listen, and James followed. There is no violence accounted for either of these two men on January 6.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James Herman
- Last Name(s): Uptmore
- AKA: Sonny
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-149
- Arrest Location: San Antonio, TX
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/17/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Herman Uptmore's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/26/21 in the Western District of Texas. Charged via criminal information on 2/24 and arraigned on 3/2 where he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. The defendant remains on personal recognizance bond. Status conference set for 8/23/21 at 10 am.
Michael R. Sherwin, Angela N. Buckner Assistant United States Attorney D.C. Bar No. 1022880 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 (202) 252-2656 [email protected]
In the news