Chance Uptmore said he entered the Capitol building because he was caught up in the crowd, and because it was a once in a lifetime event. His father, James Uptmore (aka Sonny), advised Chance not to go inside. There is no violence accounted for either of these two men on January 6.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Chance Anthony
- Last Name(s): Uptmore
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-149
- Arrest Location: San Antonio, TX
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 04/19/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/14/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Chance Anthony Uptmore's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 1/26/21. Initial appearance held 2/19. Charged via information on 2/24/21 and arraigned on 3/2. He pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. On 03/31/2022, a Plea of Guilty by Chance Uptmore as to Count 4 of the Information filed on 2/24/2021 was entered; directed to file a Joint Status Report by 4/29/2022. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond.
Angela N. Buckner Assistant United States Attorney D.C. Bar No. 1022880 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 (202) 252-2656 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED US Assistant Attorney
- Chance Anthony Uptmore et al Docket Sheet as of 04/14/2022
- Docket Download-8.23.21
- Uptmore Complaint and Statement of Facts
- Uptmore Uptmore Information
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE from US District Court Western District of Texas San Antonio Division
- #22-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.22.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.19.2021 as to Defendant CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
- #26-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE.
- #27-ORDER granting 26 Motion for Protective Order as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE (1), JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #28-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #35-MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #36-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
- #37-STATUS REPORT REGARDING VOLUMINOUS CAPITOL BREACH DISCOVERY by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #38-ORDER granting 35 Motion for Disclosure as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #41-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #42-NOTICE of Filing United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE, JAMES HERMAN UPTMORE
- #43-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #44-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
- #48-PLEA AGREEMENT as to CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
- #49-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and CHANCE ANTHONY UPTMORE
In the news