Sturgeon was accused of pushing a metal police barricade into officers during the Capitol breach. He had been staying in Kenya since January — but was deported into the waiting arms of the feds over the weekend.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Isaac Steve
- Last Name(s): Sturgeon
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-91
- Arrest Location: Queens, NY
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 04/26/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/26/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Isaac Steve Sturgeon's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Civil Disorder (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Obstructing, or Impeding Passage Through or Within, the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings (6) Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings (7)
Sturgeon was arrested at JFK airport in New York on 3/6/21. Released on personal recognizance on 03/19/21. All 3 defendants have entered a motion to dismiss Counts 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the superseding indictment. A response in opposition by USA was entered 04/13/22. Next Court action is unknown.
Angela Nichole Buckner US ATTORNEY's OFFICE DOJ-USAO, Sex Offense/Domestic Violence 555 Fourth St, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 445-8430- [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Federal Prison Number is 83885-053-Released 3/8/21
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Isaac Steve Sturgeon et al Docket Sheet as of 04/26/2022
- Indictment (et al)
- #14-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.6.2021 at JFK Airport Queens, NY as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #20-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #24-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Maria Jacob appearing for ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #30-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Adding Defendant Sturgeon by USA as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #37-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #38-ORDER granting 37 Unopposed Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #40-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT, ISAAC STEVE STURGEON, TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS
- #44-ORDER as to ISAAC STEVE STURGEON
- #45-MOTION to Continue Status Conference (Agreed) by TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT, ISAAC STEVE STURGEON, TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS
- #46-ORDER granting 45 Motion to Continue as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT (1), ISAAC STEVE STURGEON (2), TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS
- #47-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER
- #51-ORDER as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT, ISAAC STEVE STURGEON, and TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS
- #52-STATUS REPORT REGARDING VOLUMINOUS CAPITOL BREACH DISCOVERY by USA as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT ISAAC STEVE STURGEON TAYLOR JAMES JOHNATAKIS
- #53-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to CRAIG MICHAEL BINGERT
In the news