Sturgeon was accused of pushing a metal police barricade into officers during the Capitol breach. He had been staying in Kenya since January — but was deported into the waiting arms of the feds over the weekend.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Isaac Steve
- Last Name(s): Sturgeon
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-91
- Arrest Location: Queens, NY
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/19/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Isaac Steve Sturgeon's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Civil Disorder; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Obstructing, or Impeding Passage Through or Within, the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings: Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings
Sturgeon was arrested at JFK airport in New York on 3/6/21. He made his initial appearance on 3/15. Arraigned on 5/5 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 of the indictment. Status conference set for 8/5/21 at 10 am.
Michael R. Sherwin
In the news