Erik Rau and Derek Jancart traveled to D.C. from Ohio. Both men entered the Capitol through the Senate Door after the initial, seemingly more violent, front row breached the line of Police. They walked around the building, took photos and left through the Southeast exit after being ordered by officers to leave.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Erik
- Last Name(s): Rau
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-467
- Arrest Location: Columbus, OH
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 04/23/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/23/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Erik Rau's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Terminated Charges (Dismissed by the Government: TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Rau was arrested on 7/15/21. At a plea agreement hearing on 7/23/21, he pleaded guilty to count 3 (disorderly conduct in a Capitol Building.) During his sentencing hearing on 9/29/21, he was issued 45 days incarceration, restitution in the amount of $500, and a $10 special assessment. Oral motion by the Government to dismiss the remaining counts heard and granted.
Leslie Goemaat US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 202 803 1608 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Federal register number is 55238-509. He is not in custody of the Bureau of Prisons and may be at a local location.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Erik Rau Docket Sheet as of 04/23/2022
- Rau Charging Documents
- Rau Information
- Rau Plea Agreement
- Rau Statement of Offense
- #13-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ERIK RAU
- #14-NOTICE of Filing of Video Exhibit by USA as to ERIK RAU
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Michelle M. Peterson appearing for ERIK RAU
- #16-NOTICE of Filing of Memoranda Regarding Status of Capitol Breach Discovery by USA as to ERIK RAU
- #17-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Letter by USA as to ERIK RAU
- #18-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ERIK RAU
- #21-JUDGMENT as to ERIK RAU.
In the news
- Coming soon