Eric is depicted in a group of 4 individuals: Matthew Bledsoe, Blake Austin Reed, Jack Jesse Griffith and himself. These 4 entered the Capitol however an account of their activity before entering is not included.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Eric Chase
- Last Name(s): Torrens
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-204
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Beryl A. Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 04/23/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/23/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Eric Chase Torrens's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Indicted on 3/10/21 and arraigned on 3/12/21. Torrens pleaded not guilty to all counts on 03/12/21. He later plead guilty to count 5. Sentencing held on 10/29/2021, sentenced on Count 5 to serve a term of thirty-six (36) months Probation with home detention condition; he was ordered to pay a $10.00 special assessment and $500.00 restitution. Oral motion by government for the dismissal of Counts 2, 3, and 4, granted.
Interested Party's Lawyer
Jamie Carter 555 4th Street, NW Ste 3640 Washington, DC 20530 202-252-6741 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
James Pearce U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE CRIMINAL DIVISION, AGGELLATE SECTION Department of Justice, Criminal Division 950 Pennsylvania Ave NW Suite 1250 Washington, DC 20530 202-532-4991 Email: [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Mitra Jafary-Hariri DOJ-USAO 211 W. Fort Street Suite 2001 Detroit, MI 48226 313-226-9632 Email: [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on probation with home detention.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Eric Chase Torrens et al Docket Sheet as of 04/23/2022
- Statement of Facts/Information
- Bledsoe, Torrens, Reed, Griffith Indictment
- #28-STANDING ORDER as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #34-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #43-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #44-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #67-STATUS REPORT and Position Regarding Public Release of Video in Response to Court's August 15, 2021 Minute Order by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #68-NOTICE Objection to Public Dissemination of Discovery Videos by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #69-Supplement to Defendant's 68 Objection to Public Dissemination of Discovery Videos by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #70-NOTICE of Explanation of Position as to Release of Video Evidence by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #73-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #74-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #75-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #76-Application for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #78-RESPONSE by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #80-NOTICE of United States' Further Explanation of Its Position in Response to Court's Sep. 1 Minute Order by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #82-REPLY in Support by PRESS COALITION as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS re 76 MOTION to Access Video Exhibits
- #83-MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER, as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #88-Consent MOTION to Amend Correct CMECF Status of Counsel Denotation, Consent MOTION to Appoint Counsel NUNC PRO TUNC PURSUANT CJA ACT by ERIC CHASE TORRENS.
- #97-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #99-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #101-SUPPLEMENT by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #104-RESPONSE by ERIC CHASE TORRENS re 99 Sentencing Memorandum
- #110-RESPONSE by ERIC CHASE TORRENS Response to Govt Supplemental Sentencing Memo in Griffith
- #112-MOTION for Leave to Appear by Telephone Motion for VTC Sentencing Hearing by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #113-SUPPLEMENT by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #119-Consent MOTION USMS Pay Travel Expenses by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #121-SUPPLEMENT by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #122-ORDER granting 119 Consent Motion for USMS to Make Travel Arrangements as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #124-ORDER (amended) as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #125-RESPONSE by ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #133-JUDGMENT as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #134-STATEMENT OF REASONS as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS
- #157-Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to US District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee as to ERIC CHASE TORRENS Transmitted Transfer of Jurisdiction
- #162-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to MATTHEW BLEDSOE, ERIC CHASE TORRENS, BLAKE AUSTIN REED, JACK JESSE GRIFFITH
In the news