Photos and social media posts show Lang was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th,, documenting his experiences. Lang and others in the crowd allegedly struck police officers’ shields.
Lang says he witnessed the shooting of Ashli Babbit and claims he was shot in the foot by police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Edward
- Last Name(s): Lang
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-53
- Arrest Location: Newburgh, NY
- Judge: Carl Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 08/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/20/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Edward Lang's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Assaultin, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Aiding and Abetting; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Lang was arrested on 1/16/21. He plead not guilty on 2/9. The next status conference is scheduled for 9/15. Lang remains committed.
Melissa Joy Jackson
Melissa Joy Jackson US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Lang remains in prison. His federal Bureau of Prison number is 76480-054. He was released from federal prison and may be in another jail.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #5-INDICTMENT as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #6-INDICTMENT as to NICHOLAS LANGUERAND
- #7-INDICTMENT as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #8-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG.
- #11-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #12-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #13-MOTION for Disclosure ORDER TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG.
- #15-MOTION to Continue AND TO EXCLUDE TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Martin Harold Tankleff appearing for EDWARD JACOB LANG from Metcalf & Metcalf
- #17-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on April 29, 2021.
- #19-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #20-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #22-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Steven Alan Metcalf, II appearing for EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #23-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #25-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #26-NOTICE of Filing Viewing Letter by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #28-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Letter by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- #29-First MOTION for Bond by Edward Jacob Lang, First MOTION for Release from Custody by Edward Jacob Lang by EDWARD JACOB LANG.
- #30-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to EDWARD JACOB LANG
- Docket Download-7.20.21
In the news
- Coming soon