Video footage and social media posts indicate Costianes was at the Capitol on Jan. 6th.
He documents himself walking throughout the building an entering an elevator labeled for senators only. He leaves the building and re-enters. Costianes then follows a crowd to a guarded doorway that is eventually overrun.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Elias
- Last Name(s): Costianes
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-180
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Richard Leon
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/16/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Elias Costianes's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of Congress; Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Entering and Remaining in the Gallery of Congress; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing a Capitol Building
Costianes was arrested on 2/12/2021 and appeared in court the same afternoon. He was indicted on 3/3. The following day, he plead not guilty to all counts. Costaines was released on personal recognizance. The next status conference is set for 9/30.
John Witherspoon Borchert US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-Criminal Division 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7679- 252 307-2304 [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED- Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.12.2021 as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #6-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #7-INDICTMENT as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #9-NOTICE of Filing --Defendant's Discovery Request by ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #10-MOTION to Appear Remotely for Status Hearing by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #11-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES governing discovery materials
- #17-NOTICE of Filing -- Signed Protective Order by ELIAS N. COSTIANES re 16 Order on Motion for Protective Order
- #18-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES (1) Personal Recognizance
- #29-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to ELIAS N. COSTIANES
- Docket Download-6.17.21
In the news
- Coming soon