Photos and social media posts show Bissey inside the Capitol on Jan. 6th as well as outside the grounds at the rally. She and a friend vocalized their opinions and connected with others. However, there is no evidence to suggest they engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Dona
- Last Name(s): Bissey
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-165
- Arrest Location: Bloomfield, IN
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 11/21/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Dona Bissey's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Bissey was arrested on 2/26/21. Conditions of release were set on 3/1/21. She pleaded not guilty to all counts on 3/12/21 during an arraignment. At a plea agreement on 7/19, she pleaded guilty to count 1. Sentencing held on 10/12/21, sentenced to fourteen (14) days of incarceration; sixty (60) hours of community service; special assessment of $10.00 and restitution in the amount of 500.00. Oral motion by government to dismiss all remaining counts of the Information; heard and granted.
Cara Kurtz Halverson
Joshua Seth Rothstein
Joshua Seth Rothstein DOJ-CRM, Criminal Division 555 4th St NW, Washington, DC 2053 202 252 1900, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Bissey owns a salon in her local area.
- Dona Sue Bissey Docket Sheet as of 04/21/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DONA SUE BISSEY (1), ANNA MORGAN-LLOYD
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DONA SUE BISSEY, ANNA MORGAN-LLOYD
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DONA SUE BISSEY (1), ANNA MORGAN-LLOYD (
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DONA SUE BISSEY (1) Personal Recognizanc
- #6-INFORMATION as to DONA SUE BISSEY (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Cara Kurtz Halverson appearing for DONA SUE BISSEY
- #9-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.26.2021 in the Southern District of Indiana, as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #10-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DONA SUE BISSEY from US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- #11 UNOPPOSED MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DONA SUE BISSEY.
- #12 Unopposed MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to DONA SUE BISSEY.
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #15-ORDER- Granting 12 Motion for Order as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #16-ORDER- Granting 12 Motion for Order as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #18-Joint MOTION to Convert Hearing Status to Plea Hearing by DONA SUE BISSEY.
- #20-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DONA SUE BISSEY.
- #21-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #22-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and DONA SUE BISSEY as to DONA SUE BISSEY.
- #26-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DONA SUE BISSEY
- #27-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DONA SUE BISSEY
- #27 a) Exhibit A: Letter from Dona Bissey
- #27 b) Exhibit B: Character Letters
- #27 c) Exhibit C: Hate Mail
- #32-JUDGMENT as to DONA SUE BISSEY
In the news
- Coming soon