Dominic Madden was photographed at the Capitol on Jan. 6th by the New York Post. He walked inside the building and spoke with other protesters. However, he did not engage in physical violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Dominic
- Last Name(s): Madden
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-55
- Arrest Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Judge: James E. Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 12/15/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Dominic Madden's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Madden was arrested on 1/21/21. He pleaded not guilty to all counts and was released on personal recognizance. On 10/4/21, he pleaded guilty to count 4. On 04/13/2022, the Court sua sponte ordered that the sentencing hearing is stayed pending the outcome of the appeal. "Such is the case here, where the legality of the government's proposed sentence depends on the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ("D.C. Circuit") upholding the decision in United States v. Little, No. 1:21-cr-315 (RCL), ECF No. 43. Imposing a stay will therefore allow for a fairer outcome, promote efficiency, and conserve resources for both the Court and the parties. Although the D.C. Circuit has not yet set a briefing schedule in Little, the Court is cognizant that in the only other case to appeal the issue, the Circuit ordered an expedited briefing schedule."..."Admittedly, the government moved to dismiss the appeal before briefing, see id., Motion to Dismiss Appeal (D.C. Cir. Mar. 25, 2022); and the Court granted the motion, see id., Order (D.C. Cir. Mar. 31, 2022); so the issue was not substantively addressed. Nonetheless, after balancing the competing interests, the Court is persuaded that a stay is warranted in the interest of 'economy of time and effort'." On 11/8/22, the court ordered the parties to notify the Courtroom Deputy within seven days of the issuance of the mandate from the Court of Appeals in U.S. v. Little, and they shall select an agreed-upon sentencing date at that time.
Jeffrey Napoleon Poulin US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 FOURTH STREET, NW, Washington, DC 20530, 202 252 [email protected], TERMINATED 5/19/21 Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Sarah W. Rocha
Trial Attorney Texas Bar No. 24060845 555 Fourth Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone- (202)-330-1735 Email- [email protected]
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Dominic Madden Docket Sheet as of 04/20/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #3-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jeffrey Napoleon Poulin appearing for USA
- #4-INFORMATION as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #8-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.21.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.29.2021 as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DOMINICK MADDEN (1) Personal Recognizance.
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Maria Jacob appearing for DOMINICK MADDEN
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #16-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY CORRESPONDENCE by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #17-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #23-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #24-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #26-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN_
- #29-Joint MOTION to Continue Sentencing Memorandum Dates by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN_
- #30-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DOMINICK MADDEN
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #32-SUPPLEMENT by DOMINICK MADDEN Reply to Government's Sentencing Memorandum
- #33-REPLY by DOMINICK MADDEN to Government's Sentencing Memorandum
- #34-NOTICE of Supplemental Authority Relevant to Government's Sentencing Recommendation by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN
- #39-RESPONSE by DOMINICK MADDEN re 34 Notice (Other)
- #41-REPLY by USA as to DOMINICK MADDEN re  Response to document on Split Sentences
- #43 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Rocha, Sarah Wilson added.
In the news
- Coming soon