Donald Smith worked at a UPS branch in Lawnside, NJ. He is pictured inside the U.S Capitol, however there is no detail of violence of any kind committed by Smith.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Donald
- Last Name(s): Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-616
- Arrest Location: Lindenwold, NJ
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 02/12/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Donald Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 7/29/21. He was released on personal recognizance on 8/5/21. He entered a plea of not guilty on 10/18/21 and on 12/20/21. Trial was set for 11/18/22, however on 11/3/22, Judge Royce Lamberth granted the Government's motion to Dismiss the case/Information as to Donald Smith without prejudice. Counts dismissed on 11/3/22,
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO, District of NJ 970 Broad Street, #700, Newark, NJ 07102 973 645 2757, [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Donald John Smith's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Donald John Smith Docket Sheet as of 04/21/2022
- #1 Complaint/Statement of Facts
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DONALD SMITH
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.29.2021 in Lindenwold, NJ as to DONALD SMITH
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond -Defendant DONALD SMITH
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #11-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to DONALD SMITH
- #12-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #14 INFORMATION as to DONALD SMITH (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #16 Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DONALD SMITH.
- #17 ORDER granting 16 Motion to Continue as to DONALD SMITH; The arraignment set for 10/18/2021 is hereby vacated and reset for 12/20/2021 at 12:00 PM by VTC before Judge Royce C. Lamberth. The Court finds it in the interest of justice to toll the speedy trial clock until 12/20/2021. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 10/15/2021.
- #26-LEAVE TO FILE DENIED
- #27 LETTER to the Court by DONALD SMITH. "Let this be filed. All relief requested is DENIED" by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 10/21/2021.
- #28 LETTER to the Federal Public Defender by DONALD SMITH. "Let this be filed" by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 10/21/2021.
- #29-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Status Memos by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #30-ORDER as to DONALD SMITH, Defendant's unopposed motion to allow a psychological evaluation in a outpatient setting is granted
- #31-LETTER- Notice of Dishonor by DONALD SMITH
- #32-LETTER RE Notice of Dishonor by DONALD SMITH
- #33-LETTER RE Notice of Dishonor by DONALD SMITH
- #34-LETTER RE Notice of Dishonor by DONALD SMITH
- #35-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #37-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DONALD SMITH_
- #38-ORDER granting 37 Motion for Disclosure as to DONALD SMITH
- #40-MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to DONALD SMITH
- #41-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DONALD SMITH from US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- #43 MOTION to Continue Status Conference by DONALD SMITH.
- #44 ORDER granting  Motion to Continue as to DONALD SMITH (1); Set/Reset Hearings as to DONALD SMITH: Status Conference set for 5/18/2022 at 12:45 PM by VTC before Judge Royce C. Lamberth. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 5/11/2022.
- #49 MOTION to Continue Trial by DONALD SMITH.
- #51 ORDER: It is hereby ORDERED that  Motion to Continue and  Motion to Exclude are GRANTED. The jury trial in this action is hereby ORDERED continued to 1/18/2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 15- In Person before Judge Royce C. Lamberth. The prior jury trial date is hereby VACATED. On the defendant's motion, the Court finds it in the interest of justice to toll the speedy trial clock from 10/25/2022 to 1/18/2023. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 10/25/2022.
- #52 MOTION to Dismiss Case Without Prejudice by USA as to DONALD SMITH.
- #53 ORDER: It is hereby ORDERED that 52 Motion to Dismiss Case is GRANTED. It is therefore ORDERED that the information in this case be DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 11/3/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon