Wiersma was present at the Capitol and filmed the events inside. He walked peacefully throughout the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Wiersma
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-599
- Arrest Location: Posen, IL
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 09/21/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/13/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Wiersma's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds. Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building. VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS
Wiersma was arrested on 9/21/21. He appeared in court on 9/28. His next status hearing is 10/14.
Monica Anne Stump DOJ-USAO 555 4th Street NW Washington, DC 20530 (618) 622-3860 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAVID WIERSMA (1), DAWN FRANKOWSKI
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID WIERSMA, DAWN FRANKOWSKI
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID WIERSMA (1), DAWN FRANKOWSKI
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.21.2021 in Posen, IL as to DAVID WIERSMA
- #7-INFORMATION as to DAVID WIERSMA
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DAVID WIERSMA
- #12-NOTICE of Filing -- Defendant's Discovery Request by DAVID WIERSMA
- #17-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DAVID WIERSMA from US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- #21-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to DAVID WIERSMA, DAWN FRANKOWSK
- #22-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DAVID WIERSMA
- #23-ORDER granting 21 Motion for Protective Order as to DAVID WIERSMA
- #26-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to DAVID WIERSMA, DAWN FRANKOWSKI
- Docket Download-10.13.21
In the news
- Coming soon