Johnston and his neighbor Chad Clifton attended the Stop the Steal rally together. Clifton filmed the two men inside the Capitol. They appear to walk through the rotunda, crypt, and visitors center peacefully.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Johnston
- Case Number: 22-cr-00182
- Arrest Location: North Charleston, SC
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 12/07/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Johnston's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Johnston was arrested on 5/20/22. Indictment issued 5/23. On 5/27/22, he plead not guilty to all charges and was ordered released. On 9/23/22, Johnston entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 of the Information (doc #7). Sentencing scheduled for 12/16/2022, at 9:30 AM in Courtroom 22A- In Person before Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell.
- #1 Clifton-Johnston-Criminal Complaint
- #1 a) Johnston-Statement of Facts
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 5_16_2022, Returned Executed on 5_20_2022 as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 5_16_2022, Returned Executed on 5_20_2022 as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #7 INFORMATION as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON (2) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #8-STANDING ORDER
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #13-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON from United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- #19-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Christopher J. Gramiccioni for DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #21 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON, DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON.
- #21 a) Proposed Protective Order
- #22-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON and DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #23 RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by USA as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON re Order, regarding public release of video evidence
- #25 PLEA AGREEMENT as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON.
- #26 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #27 SUBMISSION TO THE COURT in Support of Guilty Plea by USA as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON.
- #28 WAIVER OF TRIAL by DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON. Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell on 9/23/2022.
- #40 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #40 a) Sentencing Table
In the news
- Coming soon