A tipster told the FBI Chadwick Clifton stated he was inside the Capitol on Jan. 6. He is seen on surveillance entering through the main doors with David Johnston. The two men appear to walk peacefully throughout the building and do not appear to engage in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Chadwick
- Last Name(s): Clifton
- AKA: Chad Clifton, Chad G. Clifton
- Case Number: 22-cr-00182
- Arrest Location: Charleston, SC
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 12/07/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Chadwick Clifton's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Chadwick Clifton was arrested on 5/20/22. Indicted 5/23. He was released on personal recognizance on 5/26 after entering a not guilty plea to all counts at his initial appearance in court. Entered a plea of guilty to count 4 of the Information (doc #7) on 10/13/22. Sentencing scheduled for 1/13/2023, at 11:00 AM in Courtroom 22A- In Person before Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell.
- #1 Clifton-Johnston-Criminal Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 5_16_2022, Returned Executed on 5_20_2022 as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #7 INFORMATION as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON (2) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #8-STANDING ORDER
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #14-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #15-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Nathan S. Williams appearing for CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #21 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON, DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON.
- #21 a) Proposed Protective Order
- #22-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON and DAVID CHARLES JOHNSTON
- #29 RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by USA as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON re Order, regarding public release of video evidence
- #31 PLEA AGREEMENT as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON.
- #32 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON as to CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON
- #33 WAIVER OF TRIAL by CHADWICK GORDON CLIFTON Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell on 10/13/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon