Video footage shows Cortez present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He yelled at police officers after they pepper-sprayed the crowd and attempted to keep people from entering the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Christian
- Last Name(s): Cortez
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-317
- Arrest Location: Seabrook, TX
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 04/14/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/14/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Christian Cortez's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Cortez was arrested on 3/26/2021 and initially appeared in court on 4/23. He pleaded not guilty to all counts and was released on a "High Intensity Supervision Program" on 05/04/21. Next Status Conference set for 5/9/2022 at 10:30 AM in Telephonic/VTC before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
Troy A Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, 555 4th St, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7081, Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: Assistant US Attorney
NA-Released with conditions
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Christian Cortez et al Docket Sheet as of 04/14/2022
- Docket Download-6.16.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1), CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #5-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1), CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.26.2021 in Seabrook, TX as to CHRISTIAN CORTEZ.
- #7-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ from US District Court Southern District of Texas Houston
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joshua Lake appearing for CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #13-INDICTMENT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #19-Unopposed MOTION to Permit Attendance at Two Events by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #20-ORDER as to CHRISTIAN CORTEZ (2)- Granting Defendant Christian Cortez's 19 unopposed motion to permit attendance at two events
- #21-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #22-ORDER as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1) and CHRISTIAN CORTEZ- Granting the government's 17 unopposed motion for a protective order
- #25-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Amr Adnan Ahmed appearing for CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #27-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kathryn E. Fifield appearing for USA
- #28-NOTICE of the United States' Memorandum Regarding Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #29-NOTICE of the United States' Memorandum Regarding the Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #30-Consent MOTION to Continue by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #32-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #33-ORDER as to CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #34-NOTICE OF FILING UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF OCTOBER 21, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #35-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ_
- #36-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF NOVEMBER 5, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #38-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #39-Unopposed MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Joshua B. Lake. by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #40-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #41-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
In the news
- Coming soon