Larocca and a friend followed a crowd to the Capitol and entered through an open area. While his friend was shouting at police and friction grew between police and the crowd, Larocca retreated and did not engage the police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Benjamin
- Last Name(s): Larocca
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-317
- Arrest Location: Seabrook, TX
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 02/01/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/11/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Benjamin Larocca's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Larocca was arrested on 3/26/21. Released on personal recognizance on 04/23/2021. He plead not guilty to all counts during an arraignment on 4/29. Plea Agreement Hearing as to Benjamin Larocca held on 4/8/2022 before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan: Plea of guilty entered as to Count 3. Sentencing held on 8/10/2022, sentenced to 60 days of incarceration; 12 months of Supervised Release; Special assessment of $25.00; Fine in the amount of $2,000 dollars and Restitution in the amount of $500 dollars. Oral motion by government to dismiss all remaining counts; heard and granted.
Troy A Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, 555 4th St, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7081, Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Kathryn E. Fifield
Trial Attorney U.S. Department of Justice, Crim. Division Detailed to the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office 555 Fourth Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 email- [email protected] phone- (202) 320-0048
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Benjamin Larocca Docket Sheet as of 04/11/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1), CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1), CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.26.2021 in Seabrook, TX as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #7-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #13-INDICTMENT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #17-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #18-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Bret D. Lee
- #21-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #22-ORDER as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1) and CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Bret Lee appearing for BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- Docket Download-7.20.21
- #27-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kathryn E. Fifield appearing for USA
- #28-NOTICE of the United States' Memorandum Regarding Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #29-NOTICE of the United States' Memorandum Regarding the Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #30-Consent MOTION to Continue by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ
- #34-NOTICE OF FILING UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #35-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e)
- #36-Notice of Filing
- #38- Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by CHRISTIAN CORTEZ as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA, CHRISTIAN CORTEZ_
- #40-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #46-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #47-Statement of Offense
- #48-Plea Agreement
- #61 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #61 a) Exhibit Letter of Defendant to Court
- #62 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA
- #62 a) Table of Sentences Imposed in Capitol Siege Cases
- #64 AMENDED PLEA AGREEMENT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA (1) - Defendant pled GUILTY to the amended plea agreement as to Count Three (3) of the Indictment on 08/10/2022 before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
- #66 JUDGMENT as to BENJAMIN LAROCCA. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 8/11/2022
In the news
- Coming soon