Hand entered the Capitol with his wife Mandy and appears to walk peacefully throughout the building. He described his experiences and personal sentiments in a Facebook post.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Charles
- Last Name(s): Hand
- Case Number: 22-cr-00111
- Arrest Location: Butler, GA
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 11/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Charles Hand's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Hand was arrested on 3/11/22 and indicted 3/31. He was arraigned on 4/4 and released on personal recognizance. On 10/14, he plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing is scheduled for 11/13/23 at 11am.
Alison Prout DOJ-USAO Northern District of Georgia Richard B. Russell Federal Building 75 Ted Turner Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30303 404-581-6105 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Hand Complaint
- Hand Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to CHARLES HAND, III and MANDY ROBINSON-HAND
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_4_2022, Returned Executed on 3_11_2022 as to CHARLES HAND, III
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CHARLES HAND
- #11-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Memoranda by USA as to CHARLES HAND, III, MANDY ROBINSON-HAND
- #12-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by CHARLES HAND, III
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material by USA as to CHARLES HAND, III, MANDY ROBINSON-HAND_
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHARLES HAND, III, MANDY ROBINSON-HAND
- #15-ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to CHARLES HAND III and MANDY ROBINSON-HAND
- #16-RESPONSE by USA as to CHARLES HAND, III re  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release
- #17-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by CHARLES HAND, III re  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release
- #18-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Brady, Brian Daniel added
- #20-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MANDY ROBINSON-HAND
- #21-Unopposed Motion to Continue Status Hearing
In the news
- Coming soon