Text messages and video footage confirm Donohoe was at Capitol on January 6th with others known as the Proud Boys. Prior to the event, the group communicated on a private messaging system. Donohoe says he was unarmed on the day of the event.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Charles
- Last Name(s): Donohoe
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-175
- Arrest Location: Kernersville, NC
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/20/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Charles Donohoe's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Conspiracy; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds
Donohoe was arrested on 3/17/21 and appeared in court later that day. He was arraigned on 4/6. The next status conference is scheduled for 10/26.
Cable News Network, ABC News, Associated Press, Buzzfeed News, CBS News, The Wall Street Journal, E.W. Scripps Company, Gannett Company, Gray Media Group, Los Angeles Times, National Public Radio, Inc., NBC News, New York, Times, Pro Publica, Tegna, The Washington Post
Interested Party's Lawyer
Interested Party's Lawyer
Interested Party's Lawyer
James B. Nelson US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4TH STREET, NW, Room 4112 Washington, DC 20001 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED- Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jason Bradley Adam McCullough US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4TH STREET, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Luke Matthew Jones US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBI A555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 2053 0202 252 7066-FAX 202 616 [email protected] ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Charles Donohoe #306435 125 Court St. Hillsborough, NC 27278-2510 *Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. Do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #43-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CHARLES DONOHOE from US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina Case Number
- #55-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Lisa S. Costner appearing for CHARLES DONOHOE
- #56-MOTION to Continue Detention Hearing by CHARLES DONOHOE.
- #60-RESPONSE by CHARLES DONOHOE re-56 Opposing Detention
- #61-SUPPLEMENT by CHARLES DONOHOE re 60 Response to document
- #62-ORDER Granting 56 MOTION to Continue Detention Hearing by CHARLES DONOHOE
- #64-RESPONSE TO Court Order Issued during Oral Ruling on April 19, 2021 by USA as to ETHAN NORDEAN, JOSEPH RANDALL BIGGS, ZACHARY REHL, CHARLES DONOHOE
- #76-ORDER Delaying Transport as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #77-ORDER for Transport as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #78-Unopposed MOTION for Order to Transport Defendant by USA as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #80-ORDER granting the Government's 78 Motion for Order to Transport Defendant as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #81-MOTION to Revoke Detention Order by CHARLES DONOHOE
- #82-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSEPH RANDALL BIGGS, ZACHARY REHL, CHARLES DONOHOE
- #83-ORDER granting the Government's 82 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to JOSEPH RANDALL BIGGS (2), ZACHARY REHL (3), CHARLES DONOHOE (4). See Order for details
- #87-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to CHARLES DONOHOE re 81 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order
- #90-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by CHARLES DONOHOE re 81 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order
- #101-DETENTION ORDER as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #108-NOTICE OF APPEAL
- #110-Unopposed MOTION to Seal Certain Exhibits
- #111-NOTICE of Exhibits used during Detention Hearings by USA as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #112-Transmission of the Notice of Appeal, Order Appealed, and Docket Sheet to US Court of Appeals.
- #115-NOTICE of Filing of Exhibits Under Seal (Text Messages) considered during Detention Hearings by USA as to CHARLES DONOHOE
- #123-MOTION to Substitute Attorney by CHARLES DONOHOE
- #128-MOTION to Adopt 94 First MOTION to Dismiss Case filed by ETHAN NORDEAN by CHARLES DONOHOE (
- #158-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Ira Knight appearing for CHARLES DONOHOE
- Docket Download-6.22.21
- Nordean Biggs Rehl Donohoe - Indictment from DOJ
- #168-NOTICE of Filing of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery in January 6, 2021 Cases by USA
- #170-NOTICE of Recent Authority Relevant to Motions to Dismiss by USA as to ETHAN NORDEAN, JOSEPH R. BIGGS, CHARLES DONOHOE
- #171-NOTICE of Correspondence to Defendants in Advance of September 21, 2021, Hearing on Motions to Dismiss by USA
- #180-NOTICE Regarding Discovery Correspondence by USA as to ETHAN NORDEAN
- #209-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Kenerson
- Updates to Docket-10.20.21
In the news
- Coming soon