Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Caden
- Last Name(s): Gottfried
- Case Number: 22-cr-354
- Arrest Location: Tacoma, WA
- Judge: Royce C. Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 01/18/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Caden Gottfried's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Obstruction of Law Enforcement during Civil Disorder (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (6) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (7) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (8) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (9) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (10)
Arrested 10/12/22. Released on personal recognizance on 10/20/22. Indictment (doc #19) filed 11/2/22. Arraignment held 11/7/22, entered a plea of not guilty to all counts of the Indictment. The Status Conference set for 12/7/2022 was vacated and reset for 1/31/2023 at 2:30 PM by VTC before Judge Royce C. Lamberth.
Stephen J. Rancourt
Assistant United States Attorney, Detailee Texas Bar 24079181 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 phone- (806)-472-7398 email- [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6 Arrest Warrant, dated on 09/30/2022, Returned Executed on 10/12/2022 as to CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Joseph R. Conte appearing for CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED Designation Retained
- #9 NOTICE of Filing -- Defendants' Discovery Request by RICHARD SLAUGHTER as to RICHARD SLAUGHTER, CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED
- #9 a) Exhibit Defendants' Discovery Request
- #13 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED (2) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 10/20/2022.
- #17 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED from United States District Court for the Western District of Washington (Tacoma) Case Number 3:22-mj-5206-JRC
- #19 INDICTMENT as to RICHARD SLAUGHTER (1) count(s) 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED (2) count(s) 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11.
- #21 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RICHARD SLAUGHTER, CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED.
- #22 ORDER: It is ORDERED that  Motion for Protective Order is GRANTED. See Order for details. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 11/16/2022.
- #23 Consent MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Consent MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to RICHARD SLAUGHTER, CADEN PAUL GOTTFRIED.
In the news
- Coming soon