Betancur, a previous offender, told his probation officer he was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He was preauthorized to be in the District of Columbia. While he posted remarks on social media, it doesn’t appear that he engaged in violent activities.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Bryan
- Last Name(s): Betancur
- AKA: Bryan Clooney; Maximo Clooney
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-51
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/09/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Bryan Betancur's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Betancur was arrested on 1/17/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts on 1/29. Status conference set for 11/5.
Brenda J. Johnson US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, Criminal Division National Security Section 555 Fourth St, NW, Room 11-450 Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7801-FAX 202 252 7792 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #5-INFORMATION as to BRYAN BETANCUR (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. (
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BRYAN BETANCUR (1) Released.
- #8-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR.
- #9-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #11-RESPONSE by BRYAN BETANCUR re 9 MOTION for Protective Order (
- #13-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR.
- #19-ORDER granting the Government's 9 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- Docket Download-6.9.21
- #20-MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #21-ORDER as to BRYAN BETANCUR
In the news
- Coming soon