Betancur, a previous offender, told his probation officer he was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He was preauthorized to be in the District of Columbia. While he posted remarks on social media, it doesn’t appear that he engaged in violent activities.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Bryan
- Last Name(s): Betancur
- AKA: Bryan Clooney; Maximo Clooney
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-51
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 02/02/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/13/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Bryan Betancur: Click here to help cover Bryan's legal and living expenses
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Betancur was arrested on 1/17/21 and released 01/29/ per Conditions of Release (#7). He plead not guilty to all counts on 1/29. During a plea agreement hearing held on 5/5/2022, he plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing occurred on 8/4 and Betancur was sentenced to 4 months incarceration followed by supervised release.
Brenda J. Johnson US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, Criminal Division National Security Section 555 Fourth St, NW, Room 11-450 Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7801-FAX 202 252 7792 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Bryan Betancur 26082-509 FCI Danbury Federal Correctional Institution Route 37 Danbury, CT 06811- Release date 11/27/22
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Bryan Betancur Docket Sheet as of 04/13/2022
- Docket Download-6.9.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #5-INFORMATION as to BRYAN BETANCUR (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. (
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BRYAN BETANCUR (1) Released.
- #8-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR.
- #9-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #11-RESPONSE by BRYAN BETANCUR re 9 MOTION for Protective Order (
- #13-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR.
- #19-ORDER granting the Government's 9 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- Docket Download-6.9.21
- #20-MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #21-ORDER as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #22-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #24-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #25-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #26-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by BRYAN BETANCUR
- #28-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #30-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by BRYAN BETANCUR
- #34-PLEA AGREEMENT as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #35-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #37- Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing Hearing by BRYAN BETANCUR
- #39-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #40-NOTICE OF FILING OF VIDEO PURUSANT TO LOCAL CRIMINAL RULE 49 by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR
- #43-SUPPLEMENT by USA as to BRYAN BETANCUR re  Sentencing Memorandum FILING OF TABLE OF SENTENCES IMPOSED ON OTHER CAPTIOL BREACH DEFENDANTS
- #44-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by BRYAN BETANCUR
In the news
- Coming soon