Video surveillance footage and GPS monitoring (obtained via warrant) identified Markofski inside the Capitol on Jan. 6th. There is no written or verbal information showing he engaged in violent acts.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Abram
- Last Name(s): Markofski
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-344
- Arrest Location: LaCrosse, WI
- Judge: John Bates
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 11/09/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/04/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Abram Markofski's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Violent Entry or Disorderly Conduct (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Markofski was arrested 5/3/21 and appeared in court the same day. On 5/10/21, he was released on personal recognizance. During a hearing on 9/1/21, he plead guilty to Count 4 (parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol Building.) Sentencing was reset for 12/10/21. He received 24 months probation, a $1,000 fine, and a $10 special assessment. The case was transferred to District Court for Western Wisconsin on 12/28/21.
Seth Meinero DOJ-USAO 555 Fourth St, NW, Washington, DC 20904 202 252 5847 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Abram Markofski's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Markofski Docket Sheet as of 04/05/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BRANDON NELSON (1), ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSK
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BRANDON NELSON (1), ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.3.2021 in La Crosse, WI as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI.
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Seth Adam Meinero appearing for USA.
- #8-INFORMATION as to BRANDON NELSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, ABRAM MARKOFSKI (2) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #10-MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSKI.
- #12-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Jonas B. Bednarek,
- #13-DUE PROCESS PROTECTIONS ACT ORDER as to BRANDON NELSON (1) and ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Brian C. Spahn appearing for ABRAM MARKOFSKI in support of Motion to Admit Jonas Benarek Pro Hac Vice
- #15-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Jonas B. Bednarek
- #16-Second MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Jonas B. Bednarek
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Jonas Bednarek appearing for ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #18-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #22-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release -Defendant ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #23-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #24-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference and Exclude Time from Speedy Trial Act by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #26-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Rule 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to BRANDON NELSON, ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #27-ORDER granting 26 motion for an order to disclose items protected by Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and sealed materials as to BRANDON NELSON (1) and ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #29-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI from US District Court Western District of Wisconsin Case Number 21-mj-72-SLC-2
- #34-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI.
- #35-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and ABRAM MARKOFSKI as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI.
- #36-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #44 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #44 a) Exhibit A
- #44 b) Exhibit B
- #50 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI
- #50 a) Table of Capitol-Riot Sentences Imposed (as of 12.2.2021)
- #60 JUDGMENT as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge John D. Bates on 12/15/2021.
- #65 Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin as to ABRAM MARKOFSKI. Transmitted Transfer of Jurisdiction form, with certified copies of indictment, judgment and docket sheet. Ordered by Judge John D. Bates on 12/10/2022.
- #65 a) Information
- #70-MOTION for Early Termination of Probation_Supervised Release or for Authorization to Travel and Memorandum of Points and Authorities by ABRAM MARKOFSKI
In the news
- Coming soon