In July of 2020, William Watson was charged by the state of Alabama with possession of controlled substances and drug trafficking of LSD and Marijuana, felonies under Alabama law, he thus violated his bond by traveling to D.C on the 5th. During the beginning of the interview, he denied any role in any
violence, trespassing, vandalism, or other “criminal activity”. However, Watson later admitted that “, but we just started all pushing and pushing and pushing and eventually got through that one area and
then they kind of made another little line and then we pushed on that line and then
they gave up and after that one, they gave up, completely, and moved the rest of the
barricades climbing up the steps toward the building and then ushered us, like made
hand motions for us to go in.” Watson then said he entered the US Capitol Building through an already broken window.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William Wright
- Last Name(s): Watson
- Case Number: 21-cr-00513
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 06/27/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Wright Watson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorders; Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Violent Entry or Disorderly Conduct
Arrested 5/4/21. Conditions of release were set on 5/12/21. Case #21-cr-97 was closed and merged with #21-cr-00513 on 8/6/21. Entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts (1-8) on 10/12/21. The hearing scheduled for 5/24/2022 was continued to 7/25/2022 at 10:00 AM. You can access this conference by calling 1-877-873-8017 and entering the Court's access code (8583213) followed by the pound key (#). Watson remains on personal recognizance.
Channing D Phillips
- #3 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Nicole E. McClain appearing for USA.
- #4 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Rozzoni, Jennifer M added. Substituting for attorney Nicole E. McClain
- #6 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Cecilia Vaca appearing for WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON
- #7 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Samuel J Brooke appearing for WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON
- #8 Arrest Warrant, dated 1/17/2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 5/10/2021 as to Defendant WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON.
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release : Defendant WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON placed on Personal Recognizance Bond signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather, nunc pro tunc to 5/10/2021. (Attachment: # 1 Appearance Bond)
- #11 Unopposed MOTION to Continue July 9, 2021 Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON.
- #12 ORDER Granting 11 Unopposed MOTION to Continue July 9, 2021 Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to WILLIAM WRIGHT WATSON (1). Time between 7/8/2021 and 9/7/2021 (61 Days) shall be excluded from calculation under the Speedy Trial Act in the interest of justice X-T. Status Hearing continued to 9/7/2021 at 01:00 PM in Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 7/8/2021.
- #13 INDICTMENT as to WILLIAM WATSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- #15 GENERAL ORDER GOVERNING CRIMINAL CASES BEFORE THE HONORABLE REGGIE B. WALTON. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on October 7, 2021.
- #17 ORDER, as to WILLIAM WATSON. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 10/12/2021.
- #18 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to WILLIAM WATSON.
- #18 a) Text of Proposed Order
- #18 b) Exhibit Attachment A to Proposed Order
- #19 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to WILLIAM WATSON. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 10/18/2021.
- #21 ORDER, as to WILLIAM WATSON. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 12/7/2021.
- #22 Unopposed MOTION to Continue February 23, 2022 Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to WILLIAM WATSON.
- #23 ORDER, granting  Motion to Continue as to WILLIAM WATSON (1) Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 2/22/2022.
- #24 NOTICE to Court Regarding Speedy Trial by WILLIAM WATSON
- #25 ORDER as to WILLIAM WATSON Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 3/10/2022.
- #26 ORDER as to WILLIAM WATSON, CONTINUING the Status Hearing currently set for May 24, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. to that same day at 3:30 PM. The parties shall appear before the Court via teleconference, by calling 1-877-873-8017 and entering the Court's access code (8583213) followed by the pound key (#). SO ORDERED. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 4/28/2022.
- #28 Unopposed MOTION to Continue May 24, 2022 Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Act Tolling by USA as to WILLIAM WATSON.
- #29 ORDER as to WILLIAM WATSON granting  Unopposed Motion to Continue 5/24/2022 Status Conference. The hearing currently scheduled for 5/24/2022 is continued to 7/25/2022 at 10:00 AM. See attached Order for details. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 5/19/2022
- #30 NOTICE to Court Regarding Speedy Trial by WILLIAM WATSON re  Order on Motion to Continue
- #31 ORDER as to WILLIAM WATSON excluding speedy trial from 5/24/2022 to 7/25/2022.Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 6/13/2022.
In the news