William Tryon traveled with three friends from the Albany, NY area to attend the Stop the Steal rally. He allegedly spoke to a reporter outside of the Capitol after he and others in the crowd were pepper sprayed by police.
“All we want to do is enter, and tell our representatives we want our country back,” he said.
He supposedly led a group in singing “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister. Inside the building, he filmed and took photos of the events inside. There is no evidence he acted violently inside the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William
- Last Name(s): Tryon
- Case Number: 21-cr-00420
- Arrest Location: Selkirk, NY
- Judge: Reggie Walton
- Entry Last Updated: 11/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Tryon's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct and Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Tryon was indicted on 6/21. He plead guilty to count 1 on 10/13. On 1/14/22, he was sentenced to 50 days of incarceration followed by 12 months of supervised release, a special assessment of $25, restitution of $500 and a $1,000 fine.
Anita Eve US Attorney's Office-PA 615 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 215 861 8577 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- SEALED COMPLAINT as to WILLIAM TRYON
- INFORMATION as to WILLIAM TRYON
- PLEA AGREEMENT as to WILLIAM TRYON
- Tryon Statement of Offense
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #6-ORDER granting 5 Motion to Unseal Case as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #7-Unopposed MOTION to Continue And Exclude Time UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #9-ORDER Granting 7 Unopposed MOTION to Continue And Exclude Time UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #11-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_17_2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 5_6_2021 as to Defendant WILLIAM TRYON
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release
- #14-ENTERED IN ERROR
- #16-GENERAL ORDER GOVERNING CRIMINAL CASES BEFORE THE HONORABLE REGGIE B. WALTON
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice John C. Kiyonaga
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #22-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to WILLIAM TRYON from US District Court Northern District of New York
- #23-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to WILLIAM TRYON
- #26-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by WILLIAM TRYON
- #28-JUDGMENT as to WILLIAM TRYON
In the news
- Coming soon