Kit recorded himself inside and outside of the Capitol. He was inside of the building for approximately four minutes. He appears to wave a cell phone peacefully during that time.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William
- Last Name(s): Kit
- Case Number: 22-mj-00166
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 08/25/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Kit's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Kit was arrested on 8/1/22 and appeared in court the same day. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was released. His next status hearing is 10/6 at 1pm virtually.
Frederick Walton Yette U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE National Security Section 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20018 (202) 252-7733 [email protected]
- Kit Statement of Facts
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8_1_2022 as to WILLIAM STEPHON KIT
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to WILLIAM STEPHON KIT
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
In the news
- Coming soon