Norwood claimed he assaulted police in a text message he sent to a relative. Later, he recanted, saying he protected law enforcement from being assaulted and was part of a human chain shielding certain officers. He took an abandoned police vest with him. He left it at a hotel before leaving the DC area.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William
- Last Name(s): Norwood
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-233
- Arrest Location: Greer, SC
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 09/08/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/01/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Norwood's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Theft of Government Property: Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Enlering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderry Conduct in a capitor Buirding: Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Norwood was arrested on 2/25/21. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. His next status conference is set for 9/30.
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell US Attorney's Office 312 N Spring St, #1200, Los Angeles, CA 90012 213 894 0717, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY< ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released under High Intensity Supervision Program (HISP.)
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.25.2021 in Greer, South Carolina. as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Peter A. Cooper appearing for WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #8-INDICTMENT as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #10-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD
- #11-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD, III from US District Court for the District of South Carolina
- #13-MOTION for Bond by WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD, III
- #14-RESPONSE by USA as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD, III
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD, III
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD III
- #19-MOTION for an Order to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA
- #20-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to WILLIAM ROBERT NORWOOD, III
- #25-ORDER- Denying 15 Motion to Revoke as to JOSEPH LINO PADILLA
- Docket Download-8.1.21
In the news
- Coming soon