Tew appears on surveillance in a crowded hallway of the Capitol and appears to film the events of that day on his cell phone.
Outside, he was accused of “possibly yelling at law enforcement officers.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Tyler
- Last Name(s): Tew
- Case Number: 22-cr-00027
- Arrest Location: Idaho Falls, ID
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 11/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Tyler Tew's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Tew was arrested on 11/30/21 and appeared in court on 12/7. He was ordered released on personal recognizance. Indicted 1/20/22. During an arraignment on 2/2, he plead not guilty to all counts. There is a pretrial conference scheduled for 2/10/23 at 4pm. The jury trial starts on 3/13/23 at 9am in Courtroom 9.
April Holly Ayres-Perez
APRIL H. AYERS-PEREZ Assistant United States Attorney 1204 McPherson Road, Suite 100A Laredo, TX 78045 [email protected] (956) 754-0946
- Tew Complaint
- Tew Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to TYLER JOHN TEWT
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 11_12_2021, Returned Executed on 11_30_2021 as to TYLER JOHN TEW
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ John M. Pierce appearing for TYLER JOHN TEW
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to TYLER JOHN TEW
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to TYLER JOHN TEW
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to TYLER JOHN TEW
- #14-ORDER_ Granting government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order Governing Discovery
- #15-NOTICE of Filing United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to TYLER JOHN TEW
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ William Lee Shipley, Jr appearing for TYLER JOHN TEW
- #18-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by John Pierce. by TYLER JOHN TEW
- #19-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by TYLER JOHN TEW
- #20-RESPONSE by USA as to TYLER JOHN TEW re  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release
- #21-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by TYLER JOHN TEW
- #25-Joint PROPOSED BRIEFING SCHEDULEScheduling Order by USA as to TYLER JOHN TEW
In the news
- Coming soon