Castle is seen on surveillance entering the Capitol with the crowd. She is following Kimberly DiFrancesco. The two women appear to walk peacefully throughout the building.
Afterwards, Castle met up with her son outside. She allegedly tried to enter the building again, but police did not allow her to do so.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Trudy
- Last Name(s): Castle
- AKA: Trudy DiFrancesco; Trudy Von Keudell
- Case Number: 22-cr-00261
- Arrest Location: Chicago, IL
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 08/08/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/11/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Trudy Castle's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (1)
Castle was arrested on 6/1/22 and appeared on court 6/16/22- placed on personal recognizance. On 8/17, she plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing held 11/22/22, sentenced to 30 months probation. Special Assessment of $10, Restitution in the amount of $500 and a $2000 fine.
Emily W. Allen DOJ-USAO United States Attorney's Office 222 West 7th Avenue Room 253 Anchorage, AK 99513 Phone: (907)-271-4724 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED
Assistant United States Attorney New York Bar No. 5748462 United States Attorney’s Office District of Columbia Phone: (202) 557-1490 Email: [email protected]
- Trudy Castle and Kimberly DiFrancesco Docket Sheet as of 8/8/2023
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6 Arrest Warrant, dated 5/27/2022, Returned Executed on 6/1/2022 as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to TRUDY CASTLE from United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Chicago) Case Number 1_22-cr-00289 (zstd)
- #9 MOTION for Disclosure of ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to TRUDY CASTLE, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to TRUDY CASTLE, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO
- #11-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to TRUDY CASTLE, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 06/15/2022
- #14-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #16 INFORMATION as to TRUDY CASTLE (1) count(s) 1, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO (2) count(s) 1.
- #19-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #22-Unopposed MOTION to Continue by TRUDY CASTLE, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO
- #23-Supplemental MOTION to Exclude Time by TRUDY CASTLE, KIMBERLY DIFRANCESCO
- #26-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #27-PLEA AGREEMENT as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #28-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #38-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Nialah S. Ferrer appearing for USA
- #39-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by TRUDY CASTLE
- #39 a) Exhibit A-D
- #41-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to TRUDY CASTLE
- #46 JUDGMENT as to TRUDY CASTLE. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Christopher R. Cooper on 11/22/2022
- #55 ORDER granting Probation Petition 54 as to TRUDY CASTLE (1). Signed by Judge Christopher R. Cooper on 2/14/2023.
- #57 Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois as to TRUDY CASTLE Transmitted Transfer of Jurisdiction form, with certified copies of indictment, judgment and docket sheet. Ordered by Judge Christopher R. Cooper on 2/14/2023.
In the news
- Coming soon