Sean Watson’s participation in the January 6, 2021 U.S. Capitol riot is
supported by a review of his texts, photographs, and videos from his seized cellular
telephone. For example, on January 7, 2021, he texts, “I am fine. I was one of the people
that helped storm the capitol building and smash out the windows . We made history today. Proudest
day of my life!” Later that day, Watson texts, “Got some videos and pics will share them when
I get back.” In addition to texts, the following images were discovered in his phone
despite his attempt to delete them.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Sean David
- Last Name(s): Watson
- Case Number: 21-mj-392
- Arrest Location: Alpine, TX
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/13/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Sean David Watson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
"Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds"
Sean Watson was arrested on April 28 and had his initial appearance in court on April 30. He was released on conditions and will have his next initial appearance before a DC magistrate judge.
In the news