Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Scott
- Last Name(s): Miller
- Case Number: 22-cr-412
- Arrest Location: Smithsburg, MD
- Judge: Tanya S. Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 07/29/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 01/16/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Scott Miller's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon (2) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon (3) Theft of Government Property (4) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (5) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (6) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (7) Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (8) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (9)
Arrested 12/16/22. Entered a plea of not guilty to all counts on 12/21/22. Released on High Intensity Supervision Program (home incarceration w/ GPS monitoring) on 12/30/22. Further Status Conference set for 8/21/2023 at 10:30 AM by VTC Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
Assistant United States Attorney 601 D Street NW Washington, D.C. 20530 phone- (202) 252-6778 email- [email protected] IL Bar No. 6316768
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6 Arrest Warrant, dated 12/14/2022, Returned Executed on 12/16/2022 as to SCOTT MILLER
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kaitlin Klamann appearing for USA.
- #9 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order GOVERNING DISCOVERY by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #10 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to SCOTT MILLER. Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 12/20/2022.
- #11 MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #12 MOTION for Release from Custody by SCOTT MILLER
- #12 a) Exhibit Letters in Support of Mr. Miller's Release
- #13 NOTICE of Filing of Additional Letters in Support of Release by SCOTT MILLER re  MOTION for Release from Custody
- #13 a) Exhibit Letter in support of release
- #13 b) Exhibit Letter in support of release
- #14 INDICTMENT as to SCOTT MILLER (1) count(s) 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- #16 Case as to SCOTT MILLER randomly reassigned to Judge Tanya S. Chutkan. Judge Jia M. Cobb is no longer assigned to the case
- #17 MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention [Supplement] by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #17 a) Exhibit A
- #17 b) Exhibit B
- #17 c) Exhibit C
- #17 d) Exhibit D
- #17 e) Exhibit E
- #17 f) Exhibit F
- #17 g) Exhibit G
- #17 h) Exhibit H
- #17 i) Exhibit I
- #17 j) Exhibit J
- #17 k) Exhibit K
- #17 l) Exhibit L
- #17 m) Exhibit M
- #17 n) Exhibit N
- #17 o) Exhibit O
- #18 RESPONSE by SCOTT MILLER re MOTION to Commit Defendant to Custody of Attorney General
- #18 a) Exhibit
- #19 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to SCOTT MILLER (1) High Intensity Supervision Program. Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 12/30/2022
- #20 NOTICE of filing Video exhibits for detention hearing by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #22 SUPPLEMENT by USA as to SCOTT MILLER re  Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order GOVERNING DISCOVERY [Defendant's Acceptance of Protective Order]
- #23 NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #24 MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to SCOTT MILLER.
- #25 Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by USA as to SCOTT MILLER
- #26 MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by SCOTT MILLER.
- #27 Emergency MOTION Permission to Attend Interview by SCOTT MILLER.
- #28 Emergency MOTION Permission to Attend Re-Scheduled Interview and Haircut re  Emergency MOTION Permission to Attend Interview, Order on Motion to Exclude, Order on Motion to Modify Conditions of Release, Order on Motion for Miscellaneous Relief, by SCOTT MILLER
- #30 Emergency MOTION Permission to Work by SCOTT MILLER.
In the news
- Coming soon