Vassallo was among a crowd outside the Capitol Building around 4:25. Vassallo can be seen getting into a physical altercation with Police at 4:26. His actions on January 6th before and after this time window are not detailed.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Salvatore
- Last Name(s): Vassallo
- Case Number: 22-cr-325
- Arrest Location: Toms River, NJ
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 07/27/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Salvatore Vassallo 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Act of Disorderly Conduct in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7)
Arrested 9/14/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/27/22. Arraignment held 11/22/22 where he entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. Plea Agreement Hearing held on 5/11/2023, entered a plea of guilty as to Count 2. Sentencing set for 8/16/2023 at 2:00 PM in Courtroom 3 (In Person) before Judge Amy Berman Jackson.
Barry Kent Disney
Trial Attorney – Detailee Kansas Bar No. 13284 U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Office Tel.: 202-305-4367 Office Cell: 202-924-4861 Email: [email protected]
Alexandra F. Foster
Assistant United States Attorney Washington, D.C. Bar No. 470096 Detailed to: U.S. Attorney’s Office – Washington, D.C. 601 D Street NW Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone: (619) 546-6735 Email: [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 9/12/2022, Returned Executed on 9/14/2022 as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #6 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to SALVATORE VASSALLO (1) Personal Recognizance
- #7 INFORMATION as to SALVATORE VASSALLO (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- #10 ORDER as to SALVATORE VASSALLO. Pursuant to the Due Process Protections Act, the Court ORDERS that all government counsel who have entered their appearances in this case or who do so in the future must review and comply with their disclosure obligations under Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), and its progeny, as set forth in Local Criminal Rule 5.1. See Order for details. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 11/22/2022
- #11 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Ronald J. Ricci appearing for SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #12 MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #13 Amended MOTION for Protective Order Amended as to paragraph 4(d) by USA as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #14 ORDER. The government's unopposed Motion for Protective Order  as to SALVATORE VASSALLO is GRANTED. See Order for details. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 1/5/2023
- #15 MOTION to vacate status conference and for excludable delay by SALVATORE VASSALLO. Modified event type on 3/15/2023
- #18 WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by SALVATORE VASSALLO. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 5/11/2023.
- #19 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to SALVATORE VASSALLO. Approved by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 5/11/2023
- #20 PLEA AGREEMENT as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #21 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #24 Unopposed MOTION to Continue THE SENTENCING by USA as to SALVATORE VASSALLO
- #25 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Alexandra Foster appearing for USA
In the news
- Coming soon