Jeff Zink told a KCBD reporter, he and his son were peacefully protesting, saying he took his son to D.C. because he wanted his son, who’s in the media department at Texas Tech, to “document what was taking place:” Jeff went on to say that, “We did witness, first-hand, a black clad protestor destroying one of the windows and then being apprehended by the Capitol Police Department. At that time, I offered to bear witness of this event and ensured the police were provided with my contact information. At no time did I, nor my son Ryan enter the building, trespass or damage any property of the United States. Furthermore, the allegations that my son physically assaulted ANYONE are completely unfounded, without evidence or merit, and politically motivated.”
In a private message on Facebook, Ryan Zink said “Broke down the doors pushed Congress out of session I took two flash bangs I’m ok I’ll be posting pictures in a little bit when we get back I’m hurt but we accomplished the job.” Zink had also posted a day after the event saying:
“I went and fought for what I believe in I started no violence and even helped officers and injured people documented what I did what I felt was right. You don’t like it there’s a little button called Unfriend and do so immediately. A bunch of keyboard heroes saying what you would have done you weren’t there. You would have probably ran when it got heavy. I believe what I believe and if you believe different well that’s part of why I was there today. Standing up for all of us for the truth. You have no idea the hurt and suffering this nation suffered today. I witnessed it first hand I saw people who were trained, coached, and deadset on destruction hurt police and then turn inward a woman died and you want to play games and talk shit to me about being there. History was made and I am proud of it.
“Not everyone went inside. It was a small group of about I would say 25-30 people and they were the only combative ones I got super close and documented everything I’m not some radical right wing nut job I literally took pictures of them and saw the tattoos it’s not hard to identify. If you were there you could have seen this it was different in my life and in reporting I have seen what riots and violence looks like this was planned strategic trained tactical this was no ordinary rue it was a planned thing.”
(Note: these remarks have not been edited for punctuation to keep original accuracy.)
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Ryan
- Last Name(s): Zink
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-191
- Arrest Location: Lubbock, TX
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: James Boasberg (current)
- Entry Last Updated: 07/22/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 01/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Ryan Zink's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4)
Zink was arrested on 2/4/21 and indicted 3/5/21. He was arraigned on 3/18/21 where he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. The defendant remains on Personal Recognizance. His next status conference is reset to 1/18/22.
- Docket Download-7.10.21
- Zink Statement of Facts
- Zink Indictment
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK from US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- #8-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 02.04.2021. as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #10-Consent MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Attorney
- #11-Consent MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Gerald H. Goldstein
- #12-Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Cynthia Hujar Orr
- #13-Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Gerald H. Goldstein
- #15-NOTICE Waiver and Consent To Appear By Video Conference For Arraignment And Status Conference by RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Cynthia Hujar Orr appearing for RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Gerald H. Goldstein appearing for RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #18-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK.
- #19-ORDER granting 18 Motion for Protective Order as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #20-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #21-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by RYAN SCOTT ZINK.
- #23-Unopposed MOTION to Continue STATUS CONFERENCE by RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #27-STATUS REPORT of Discovery by USA as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #28-STATUS REPORT of Prior Discovery Productions by USA as to RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #29-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #31-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #32-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by RYAN SCOTT ZINK
- #33-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #34-Unopposed Motion for Continuance of Status Conference
In the news
- Lubbock man arrested in connection to Capitol riots
- Son of AZ congressional candidate, accused of participation in Capitol riot