Powell was among a few individuals who used a large wooden pole to break a Capitol building window. She is also seen with a bullhorn yelling specific instructions into the Capitol building through a broken window. These instructions included the building floor plan, suggestions to coordinate, and the announcement that they “have another window to break”. It is unclear who Powell was shouting the instructions to, or how many (if any) of these individuals she is familiar with.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Rachel Marie
- Last Name(s): Powell
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-179
- Arrest Location: Western District, PA
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/21/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/09/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Rachel Marie Powell's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Destruction of Government Property Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 2/4/21 in the Western District of Pennsylvania. Indicted on 3/3/21. Pleaded not guilty to counts 1-8 and remains on personal recognizance with location monitoring. Status conference scheduled for 9/13/21 at 10 a.m.
In the news
- Coming soon