Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Philip
- Last Name(s): Young
- Case Number: 21-cr-617
- Arrest Location: Sewell, NJ
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 01/17/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Philip Young's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding certain Officers (1) Civil Disorder (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Buildings or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Buildings or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Buildings or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7)
Initially filed as Case # 1:21-mj-547. Arrested 8/19/21. Released on personal recognizance on 8/26/21. Entered a not guilty plea to all counts on 10/26/21. Plead guilty on 11/2/22 to all charges in the indictment. Sentencing set for 1/31/2023 at 1:00 PM in Courtroom 14- In Person before Judge Dabney L. Friedrich.
Susan T. Lehr
Assistant United States Attorney NE Bar No. 19248 District of Columbia Capitol Riot Detailee1620 Dodge Street, #1400 Omaha, Nebraska 68102 Telephone No 402-661-3715 Email: [email protected]
- #1 Complaint and Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8/19/2021 in Sewell, NJ as to PHILIP S. YOUNG.
- #7 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Christopher O'Malley appearing for PHILIP S. YOUNG (O'Malley, Christopher)
- #8 ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond : Defendant PHILIP S. YOUNG placed on Personal Recognizance Bond, signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 8/30/2021, nunc pro tunc to 8/26/2021
- #9 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to PHILIP S. YOUNG from United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Case Number 21-mj-4014
- #11 ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL as to Defendant PHILIP S. YOUNG : appointing Christopher O'Malley to represent the defendant in this matter, nunc pro tunc to 8/26/2021; directing that PHILIP S. YOUNG pay the amount of $400.00 per month by the 15th of each month, starting October 2021, as reimbursement for the costs of his defense until the resolution of this matter; signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 9/30/2021.
- #12 CJA 7 as to Defendant PHILIP S. YOUNG - Authorization for Distribution of Available Private Funds; signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 9/30/2021.
- #13 STIPULATION REGARDING RETURN OF DIGITAL DEVICES AND ELECTRONICALLY STORED INFORMATION by USA
- #14 INDICTMENT as to PHILIP S. YOUNG (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- #17 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to PHILIP S. YOUNG.
- #18 MOTION for Disclosure by USA as to PHILIP S. YOUNG.
- #19 ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to PHILIP S. YOUNG. See text for details. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on October 26, 2021
- #20 ORDER granting the government's unopposed  Motion to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials. See text for details. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on October 26, 2021.
- #21 NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to PHILIP S. YOUNG
- #22 STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of 2-9-22 by USA as to PHILIP S. YOUNG
- #23 Unopposed MOTION to Strike Portions of The Indictment by USA as to PHILIP S. YOUNG.
- #23 a) Exhibit A USCP Signed Sgt. James Declaration
- #23 b) Exhibit A-1 Restricted Perimeter
- #23 c) Exhibit B Signed Declaration Of Jason Jolly
- #26 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE
- #27 PETITION TO ENTER A PLEA OF GUILTY as to PHILIP S. YOUNG
- #28 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to PHILIP S. YOUNG. Approved by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on 11/2/2022
In the news
- Coming soon