Colbath states he entered the Capitol through an open door after hearing the sound of glass break.
While inside, he assisted another individual who was in distress from the tear gas sprayed by police. After escorting that individual to a side office, he left the building. According to Colbath, he was in the building for less than 5 minutes.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Paul
- Last Name(s): Colbath
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-650
- Arrest Location: Columbia, SC
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Paul Colbath's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Colbath was arrested on 10/28/21. He appeared in court on 11/2. The next status conference is set for 1/10/22.
Alison Prout DOJ-USAO Northern District of Georgia Richard B. Russell Federal Building 75 Ted Turner Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30303 404-581-6105 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to PAUL COLBATH
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to PAUL COLBATH
- #5-Arrest Warrant dated on 10.20.2021 Returned Executed on 10.28.2021 as to PAUL COLBATH
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to PAUL COLBATH from US District Court for the District of South Carolina
- #7-INFORMATION as to PAUL COLBATH
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material by USA as to PAUL COLBATH
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to PAUL COLBATH.
- #12-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Memoranda by USA as to PAUL COLBATH
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond- Defendant PAUL COLBATH
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #15-ORDER as to PAUL COLBATH
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to PAUL COLBATH
- #17-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to PAUL COLBATH
- #19-NOTICE of Filing of Defendant's Acceptance by PAUL COLBATH
- #20-Consent MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to PAUL COLBATH
- Docket Download-11.24.21
In the news
- Coming soon