Ashcraft was on the scaffolding and cut a hole in the coating with a knife given to him from someone in the crowd. He wanted to allow others to see the scaffolding and hang flags in that area.
He entered the Capitol carrying a white metal pole and was later seen carrying an American flag obtained from somewhere in the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Neil
- Last Name(s): Ashcraft
- Case Number: 22-cr-295
- Judge: Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Entry Last Updated: 12/11/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Neil Ashcraft's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Theft of Government Property (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2)
Information filed 9/2/22. Entered a plea of guilty as to counts 1 and 2 on 9/19/22. Conditions of release (personal recognizance) were set on 9/20/22. Sentencing set for 1/23/2023 at 11:00 AM via Telephonic/VTC before Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly.
Ryne T. Sandel
Michael M. Gordon
Assistant United States Attorney 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20579 Telephone:(813)- 274-6370 Email- [email protected]
- #1 INFORMATION as to NEIL ASHCRAFT (1) count(s) 1, 2.
- #3 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Ryne T. Sandel Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-9500488. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by NEIL ASHCRAFT.
- #3 a) Declaration
- #3 b) Exhibit
- #3 c) Text of Proposed Order
- #4 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Ryne Thomas Sandel appearing for NEIL ASHCRAFT
- #5 DECLARATION by NEIL ASHCRAFT
- #7 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to NEIL ASHCRAFT.
- #8 PLEA AGREEMENT as to NEIL ASHCRAFT.
- #9 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to NEIL ASHCRAFT. Approved by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on 9/19/22.
- #10 WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by NEIL ASHCRAFT. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on 9/19/22
- #11 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to NEIL ASHCRAFT (1), Personal Recognizance;
In the news
- Coming soon