Video surveillance shows DeGrave inside the Capitol on Jan. 6th. However, there is no detailed evidence that he engaged in violence on the grounds that day.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Nathaniel J.
- Last Name(s): Degrave
- AKA: Nathan DeGrave
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-90
- Arrest Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Judge: Paul Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Nathaniel J. Degrave: Click here to help cover Nathaniel J.'s legal and living expenses
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building.
Arrested 1/28. Indicted 2/6. Arraigned 3/16 where he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-9. Detention hearing held on 3/25 and 4/26. Defendant ordered detained. Status conference held on 6/9. Status hearing continued to 8/24 at 10 am.
Jessica Arco, US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE-950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20530-202 532 [email protected] ATTORNEY- ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Kaitlin Ann Vaillancourt US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-555 Fourth St, NW, Washington, DC 20530- 202 252 2421-TERMINATED 2/16/21-LEAD ATTORNEY, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Nathan DeGrave Inmate #376789 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC CTF 1901 D Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-COMPLAINT as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #3-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jessica Arco appearing for USA.
- #4-INDICTMENT as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #7-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Arco, Jessica added. Substituting for attorney Kaitlin Vaillancourt
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joanne D. Slaight appearing for NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #9-Consent MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE.
- #13-MEMORANDUM in Opposition to Defendant's Motion for Bond by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #14-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re 13 Memorandum in Opposition to Motion for Bond
- #16-SUPPLEMENT by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re 14 to Reply - Application for Release
- #17-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #18-ORDER granting 17 Motion to Seal as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE. Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman
- #19-SUPPLEMENT by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re 13 MOTION to Commit Defendant to Custody of Attorney General
- #20-SUPPLEMENT by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE Application for Release
- #21-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE from US District Court District of Nevada
- #24-MEMORANDUM in Opposition to introduction of YouTube Video by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #25-MEMORANDUM in Opposition re 24 Exclusion of Tiime Under Speedy Trial Act by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #26-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) materials by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE.
- #27-ORDER as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE (1) granting 26 the government's unopposed motion for an order to disclose grand jury materials.
- #28-MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE concerning submission of materials in advance of detention hearing scheduled for 4.26.2021
- #29-SUPPLEMENT to Opposition by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re 13 MOTION to Commit Defendant to Custody of Attorney General
- #30-SUPPLEMENT by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE Application for Modification of Pretrial Detention
- #31-Opposition to Introduction of Additional Videos by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE.
- #32-Reply to Court Order of April 23, 2021 by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE.
- #33-NOTICE Regarding Conditions of Release by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #34-NOTICE of Change of Address by Jessica Arco
- #35-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Request to Government submitted April 19, 2021 by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #36-MOTION for Order Immediate Bond Determination by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #39-NOTICE OF APPEAL of Conditions of Release by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE as to 37 Order, Memorandum Opinion.
- #40-Transmission of the Notice of Appeal, Order Appealed, and Docket Sheet to US Court of Appeals.
- #45-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #48-NOTICE Regarding Sealed Exhibits by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #49-RESPONSE by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re Order
- #50-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Consent MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #51-RESPONSE by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE re Order, Regarding Reply in Further Support of Press Coalition's Application for Access to Video Exhibits
- #52-MEMORANDUM Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- #54-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #55-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Elizabeth Ann Aloi appearing for USA.
- #56-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Joanne Slaight. by NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE.
- #57-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to NATHANIEL J. DEGRAVE
- Docket Download-6.17.21
In the news
- Coming soon