Nancy Barron reported she was inside the Capitol on Jan. 6. She waved a flag outside the East Rotunda doors and is alleged to have recorded a video there.
It appears she is moving peacefully throughout the building with the crowd and didn’t engage in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Nancy
- Last Name(s): Barron
- Case Number: 22-cr-00089
- Arrest Location: New Albany, IN
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 06/26/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/22/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Nancy Barron's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Barron was arrested on 3/15/22. She was ordered released after her initial appearance on 3/22/22. Arraigned 3/29/22- plead not guilty to all counts. The last status hearing was held on 5/26/23. Trial is set to be scheduled for August, 2023.
Justin Woodard US DOJ-Criminal Division-Fraud Section 1400 New York Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20005 202 262 7868 [email protected]
Assistant United States Attorney Michigan Bar No. P79246 United States Attorney’s Office District of Columbia Cell No. (202)-257-8014
Victoria A. Sheets
NY Bar No. 5548623 Assistant United States Attorney U.S. Department of Justice 601 D Street NW Washington, DC 20530 phone- (202)-252-7566 email- [email protected]
- Nancy Barron Docket Sheet as of 6/26/2023
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #3-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_11_2022, Returned Executed on 3_15_2022 as to NANCY BARRON
- #4 INFORMATION as to NANCY BARRON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to NANCY BARRON
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Justin Woodard appearing for USA
- #9-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to NANCY BARRON
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Order to Disclose Discovery Materials by USA as to NANCY BARRON
- #11-ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to NANCY BARRON
- #12-ORDER granting  Motion to disclose items protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e)
- #13-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to NANCY BARRON
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Bond (Review of Condition of Release) by NANCY BARRON
- #16-ORDER granting  Motion for Bond
- #17-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to NANCY BARRON
- #19-ORDER granting Motions  to Continue and  to Exclude as to NANCY BARRON
- #20 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by NANCY BARRON.
- #22 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by NANCY BARRON
- #23-Order on Motion to Continue
- #25 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and to Waive Time Under Speedy Trial Act by NANCY BARRON
- #28 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and to Waive Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by NANCY BARRON
- #30 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: John M. Pierce appearing for NANCY BARRON
- #31 MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney for Defendant by Nathan I. Silver. by NANCY BARRON
- #32 MOTION to Continue STATUS HEARING by NANCY BARRON
- #35 MOTION for Extension of Time to UNOPPOSED MOTION FOR ENLARGMENT OF TIME AND CONSENT TO MAGISTRATE JUDGE by NANCY BARRON
- #36 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Roger I Roots Fee Status: No Fee Paid. by NANCY BARRON.
- #38 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Dreher, Adam Michael added
- #39 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Victoria Anne Sheets appearing for USA
- #40 ERRATA by NANCY BARRON re  Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice
In the news
- Coming soon