Rheiner allegedly grabbed an officer’s riot shield and attempted to pull it away from him.
Inside of the Capitol, he is accused of yelling at officers to “stand down and go home.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Narayana
- Last Name(s): Rheiner
- Case Number: 22-cr-00108
- Arrest Location: Baltimore, MD
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 12/11/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Narayana Rheiner's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Rheiner was arrested on 3/2/22 and indicted on 3/31. During an arraignment, he plead not guilty to all charges. He plead guilty to count 1 on 11/4. Sentencing is scheduled for 3/16/23 at 10am.
Brian Keith Morgan
Anne Arundel County Jail Ordnance Road Correctional Center 600 East Ordnance Road Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- SEALED COMPLAINT as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- Rheiner Statement of Facts
- INDICTMENT as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #4-ORDER granting  Motion to Seal Case as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_2_2022, Returned Executed on 3_2_2022 as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Brian Keith Morgan appearing for USA
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to NARAYANA RHEINER
- #13-ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Criminal History Report by NARAYANA RHEINER
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by NARAYANA RHEINER
- #23-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to NARAYANA RHEINER
In the news
- Coming soon