Romero entered the Capitol with the crowd as they pushed their way through the door. There is no evidence he acted violently once inside.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Moises
- Last Name(s): Romero
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-677
- Arrest Location: Cooper City, FL
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 07/24/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/13/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Moises Romero's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disruptive or Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Romero was arrested on 10/7/21. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing. Indicted on 11/17. Plead not guilty to all charges at 11/29 arraigntment. On 3/16/22, he plead guilty. Sentenced to 12 months and a day of incarceration, 12 months of supervised release, a special assessment of $100.00, and restitution in the amount of $2,000.00.
Robert Craig Juman U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 500 E. Broward Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33132 786-514-9990 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-10.13.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MOISES ROMERO
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MOISES ROMERO
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MOISES ROMERO
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.7.2021 as to MOISES ROMERO
- #6-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MOISES ROMERO
- #7-PROTECTIVE ORDER GOVERNING DISCOVERY
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MOISES ROMERO
- #10-NOTICE of United States' Memoranda Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MOISES ROMERO
- #11-INDICTMENT as to MOISES ROMERO
- #13-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Rule 6(e) and sealed materials by USA as to MOISES ROMERO
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ David G Barger appearing for MOISES ROMERO
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #17-MOTION to Travel by MOISES ROMERO
- #19-NOTICE Baquero_Valentin_Status of Discovery Update Feb. 2022.FINAL by USA as to MOISES ROMERO
- #20-MOTION to Travel by MOISES ROMERO
- #29-Government's Sentencing Memorandum
- #30-MOTION to Travel by MOISES ROMERO
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MOISES ROMERO
In the news
- Coming soon