Dickinson is accused of throwing a coffee tumbler at police outside, after protesters crossed through then police line and were then subjected to brutalities.
He was hit in the face with a rubber bullet and was taken to Prince George Hospital for facial injuries on Jan. 6th.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): Dickinson
- Case Number: 1:-21-cr-649
- Arrest Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 06/22/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Michael Dickinson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2-3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (8)
Dickinson was arrested on 10/6/21. He appeared in court on 10/14/21 and was placed on personal recognizance. On 12/14, during an arraignment, he plead not guilty to all counts. On 9/6/22, he plead guilty to count 2. Sentencing held on 2/16/2023, sentenced to 20 months of incarceration; 36 months of Supervised Release; Special Assessment of $100.00 and Restitution in the amount of $2000.00. Oral motion by government to dismiss all remaining counts; heard and granted.
Laura Elizabeth Hill
Laura Elizabeth Hill DOJ-CIV 175 N Street, NE Room 9.1811 Washington, DC 20002 202-598-3962 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Michael James Dickinson's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-11.24.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.6.2021 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #9-MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICHAEL JAMES DICKINSON
- #11-INDICTMENT as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #15-NOTICE by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #17-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #19-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #20-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #21-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Barry Kent Disney
- #23-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #24-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #25-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing for Further Status and Plea Hearing by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #27 PLEA AGREEMENT as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #28 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #29-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #30-Unopposed MOTION Enlarge Time for Submission of Presentence Investigation Report by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #32 NOTICE OF NO OBJECTION TO PSR by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON re 31 Draft Presentence Investigation Report
- #33 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #35 ENTERED IN ERROR.OBJECTION TO REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS by MICHAEL DICKINSON. Modified on 1/3/2023
- #38 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #39 ERRATA by MICHAEL DICKINSON re 38 Sentencing Memorandum
- #40 NOTICE of Exhibit (Letters in Allocution) by MICHAEL DICKINSON
- #40 a) Exhibit
- #42 JUDGMENT as to MICHAEL DICKINSON. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge John D. Bates on 2/17/2023
In the news
- Coming soon