Joshua Abate, Micah Coomer, and Dodge Hellonen (all 3 Active Duty Marines) entered the U.S.
Capitol Building through the Senate Wing Door at approximately 2:20 PM. They remined in the Capitol Building (mainly occupying space in the Rotunda-nonviolently) until about 3:12 PM when they exit through the Rotunda Door. According to military.com all three Marines, who were arrested more than two years after the attack, work in jobs connected to the intelligence community.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Micah
- Last Name(s): Coomer
- Case Number: 23-mj-14
- Arrest Location: Oceanside , CA
- Judge: Moxila A. Upadhyaya
- Entry Last Updated: 03/24/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 03/10/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Micah Coomer 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 1/18/23. Released on personal recognizance on 2/09/2023. The preliminary hearing on March 23, 2023 was continued for good cause to June 6, 2023 at 1 p.m.
Frederick Yette (for Joseph Hunyh)
- Abate, Coomer, Hellonen Magistrate Case #23-mj-14 Docket Sheet as of 3/10/23
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #3 MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOSHUA ABATE, MICAH COOMER, DODGE DALE HELLONEN.
- #4 ORDER granting  Motion to Seal Case as to JOSHUA ABATE (1), MICAH COOMER (2), DODGE DALE HELLONEN (3). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 1/17/2023
- #6 Arrest Warrant, dated 1/17/2023, Returned Executed on 1/18/2023 as to MICAH COOMER
- #15 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICAH COOMER (2) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 2/9/2023.
- #18 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOSHUA ABATE (1), MICAH COOMER (2), DODGE DALE HELLONEN (3). Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 2/15/2023.
In the news
- Coming soon