At approximately 2:24 PM on January 6th, Cohen entered the Capitol Building through the Senate Wing Door. He is on CCTV video, which shows him walking about the interior of the building. He left the building under his own power at about 2:48 PM. There is no detail of any violence committed by Cohen.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Menachem
- Last Name(s): Cohen
- Case Number: 22-cr-393
- Arrest Location: Brooklyn , NY
- Judge: Dabney L. Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 06/19/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Menachem Cohen 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Originally filed as case #22-mj-256. Arrested 11/21/22. Released on personal recognizance on 11/29/22. On 11/30/22, cased was merged in to #22-cr-393, where new Information (doc #12) was filed. Entered a plea of not guilty to all counts on 12/9/22. On 03/16/2023, Cohen entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 of the Information filed 11/30/22. Sentencing held on 6/12/2023, sentenced to 36 months of probation, $500 restitution, 60 hours of community service and $10 special assessment.
Assistant United States Attorney Member of New York Bar U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia601 D Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 Email- [email protected] phone- (202) 252-7669
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 11/15/2022, Returned Executed on 11/21/2022 as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #7 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Benjamin Yaster appearing for MENACHEM COHEN
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MENACHEM COHEN (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 11/29/2022.
- #10 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to MENACHEM COHEN from U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York Case Number 1:22-mj-01238-JRC
- #12 INFORMATION as to MENACHEM COHEN (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4
- #14 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN.
- #15 Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #16 ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order. See text for details. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on December 5, 2022
- #17 ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material. See text for details. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on December 5, 2022
- #20 NOTICE of defendant's acceptance of protective order by MENACHEM COHEN re  Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order
- #21 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #23 NOTICE of Filing by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #30 PLEA AGREEMENT as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #31 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, MENACHEM COHEN as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #34 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #35 NOTICE of Filing of Exhibits by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #36 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MENACHEM COHEN
- #36 a) Exhibit B
- #40 NOTICE OF FILING REDACTED DOCUMENT by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
- #40 a) Exhibit A
- #41 NOTICE regarding defendant's pretrial release compliance and correction to sentencing memorandum by MENACHEM COHEN
- #44 NOTICE by USA as to MENACHEM COHEN
In the news
- Coming soon