Melody Steele-Smith is pictured inside the U.S. Capitol Building. She is not charged with any violence for her behavior on January 6.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Melody
- Last Name(s): Steele-Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-77
- Arrest Location: Gloucester, VA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/04/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/29/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Melody Steele-Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/20/2021. Indicted 2/3/21 and arraigned on 2/12/21 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. The court ordered footage from a body-worn camera to be provided to the defense on or before 8/31. The last status conference took place on 10/22, and another one is set for 12/17.
Brittany LaShaune Reed US Attorney's Office 650 Poydras Street #1600 New Orleans, LA 70130 504 680 3031 [email protected]sdoj.gov LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Melissa Joy Jackson
Melissa Joy Jackson USAODC 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7780 [email protected] TERMINATED 2/22/21
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond -Defendant MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #7-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.19.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District for the District of Columbia on 1.22.2021 as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #8-INDICTMENT as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #15-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #18-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #19-MOTION to Compel Rule 16 and Brady Material by MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- Docket Download-8.22.21
- #22-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MELODY STEELE-SMITH
- #23-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #24-Consent MOTION change time of status hearing conference by MELODY STEELE-SMITH.
- Updates to Docket-11.29.21
In the news