Melody Steele-Smith is pictured inside the U.S. Capitol Building. She is not charged with any violence for her behavior on January 6.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Melody
- Last Name(s): Steele-Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-77
- Arrest Location: Gloucester, VA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/04/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/19/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Melody Steele-Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/20/2021. Indicted 2/3/21 and arraigned on 2/12/21 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. Status conference set for 8/3 at 2 pm.
Michael R. Sherwin
In the news