Purse was wearing “Press” labels despite not being believed to have any real credentials. He entered the Capitol around 2:59 P.M., about 30 minutes after the initial breach. He walked around the Capitol and can be seen recording the events. At 3:12 P.M., Purse exited the Capitol building. He was not charged with any violence nor does his Statement of Facts detail any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew Thomas
- Last Name(s): Purse
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-475
- Arrest Location: Irvine, CA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/08/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Matthew Thomas Purse's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 7/9. Initial appearance held 7/26. Defendant placed on personal recognizance. Status hearing set for 8/23 at 1 pm.
In the news
- Coming soon