Krol and others are accused of assaulting Capitol Police and DC Metropolitan Police Officers. Krol allegedly stole a police baton and it is possible he was using it in self-defense.
There is no footage showing his entry into the Capitol.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): Krol
- Case Number: 1:22-cr-110
- Arrest Location: Linden, MI
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras (Current)
- Entry Last Updated: 04/24/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 03/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Matthew Krol: Click here to help cover Matthew's legal and living expenses
18 U.S.C. §§ 111(a)(1) and (b)- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon or Inflicting Bodily Injury (1) 18 U.S.C. § 231(a)(3)- Civil Disorder (2) 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1)- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(2)- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(4)- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(F)- Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (6)
Krol was arrested on 2/22/22. He is held without bond. A preliminary status hearing took place on 3/23 and continued on 3/31. During a meeting on 4/26, his arraignment was scheduled for 5/16 at 3 30 pm.
Mitra Jafary-Hariri DOJ-USAO 211 W. Fort Street Suite 2001 Detroit, MI 48226 313-226-9632 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Matthew Krol Inmate #51196 Central Virginia Regional Jail 13021 James Madison Highway Orange, VA 22960
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Matthew safely received a pacemaker while in prison and is currently recovering in a medical unit, A separate gofundme can be found via: https://www.gofundme.com/f/vxsry-fighting-to-stay-afloat/donations?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer
- Docket Download-3.6.22
- Docket Download-3.28.22
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MATTHEW THOMAS KRO
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.26.2022 Returned Executed on 2.22.2022 as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-Consent MOTION to Continue Preliminary Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #9-ORDER Granting 8 Consent MOTION to Continue Preliminary Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #11-Indictment as to Matthew Krol
- #13-Proposed MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #15-MOTION to Substitute Attorney by MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL_
- #17-ORDER granting  Motion for Disclosure as to MATTHEW THOMAS KROL
- #18-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
In the news
- Coming soon