Although it is unclear when and in what matter Martin entered the Capitol Building, there are photos produced by the Justice Department that depict Martin taking videos while inside the Capitol Building. There is no evidence of any violence committed by Martin.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): Martin
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-394
- Arrest Location: Santa Fe, NM
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Trevor McFadden (most recent)
- Entry Last Updated: 06/15/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Matthew Martin's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly Conduct Which Impedes the Conduct of Government Business (2) Disruptive Conduct in the Capitol Buildings (3) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in the Capitol Buildings (4)
Arrested 4/22/21. Released on personal recognizance on 5/12/21. Charged via criminal information 6/9. Arraigned 7/2/21 where he plead not guilty to all counts. On 04/05/2022, Martin waived his right to Trial by Jury. A Bench Trial took place on 4/6/22 and a verdict of not guilty was rendered as to all charges.
John Crabb, J
Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Criminal Division N.Y. Bar No. 2367670 United States Attorney’s Office 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20001 Phone- (202) 252-1794 Email- [email protected]
Mary L. Dohrmann
Assistant United States Attorney N.Y. Bar No. 5443874 555 Fourth Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 Email- [email protected] Phone- (202) 252-7035
- #1 Martin Complaint
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MATTHEW MARTIN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.22.2021 in Santa Fe, New Mexico as to MATTHEW MARTIN
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release-Defendant MATTHEW MARTIN placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Dan Cron appearing for MATTHEW MARTIN
- #9-Information as to Matthew Martin
- #12-Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- #13-Order Granting Unopposed Motion
- #15 NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN
- #16 NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN
- #18-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN
- #19-Notice Regarding Memorandum Concerning Status of Discovery
- #20 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN.
- #23 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order as to 6(e) Materials by USA as to MATTHEW MARTIN.
- #25-Notice by Matthew Martin
- #27-Notice of Attorney Appearance
- #28-Motion in Limine Regarding Cross-Examination About US Secret Service
- #29-Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
- #30-Trial Brief
- #31 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE John Crabb, Jr appearing for USA.
- #35-Waiver of Trial by Jury
- #36-Exhibit List by USA as to Matthew Martin
- #37-Exhibit List by Matthew Martin
- #38-Attorney's Acknowledgement of Trial Exhibits
- #39-JUDGMENT of Acquittal as to MATTHEW MARTIN
In the news
- Coming soon