Webler is seen on surveillance walking inside of the building with a flag and taking photos and videos of the events of the day. He asks someone where the exit is, and proceeds to leave.
There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): Webler
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-0667
- Arrest Location: Decatur, GA
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 12/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 01/31/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Matthew Webler: Click here to help cover Matthew's legal and living expenses
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Picketing, or Demonstrating in a Capitol Building (4)
Webler was arrested on 12/3/21 and indicted on 12/20. His plea agreement is scheduled for 2/1/22.
Alison Prout DOJ-USAO Northern District of Georgia Richard B. Russell Federal Building 75 Ted Turner Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30303 404-581-6105 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Matthew's wife Kirsten states she is facing eviction as of 1/31/21 due to his incarceration. She was a stay-at-home mom prior to eh case. They were in the process of adopting a baby boy who was taken away after the FBI found a weapon in their home.
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 11.24.2021 Returned Executed on 12.3.2021 as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER.
- #6-INFORMATION as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- #9-MOTION for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material by USA as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- #10-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #12-Joint MOTION to Continue Plea Hearing by MATTHEW JAY WEBLER
- Docket Download-1.30.22
In the news
- Coming soon