Council allegedly pushed against a police barrier to open an emergency door that he and others in the crowd went through. He yelled at police and was pepper sprayed after pushing an officer.
Council apologized while in custody after he was read his Miranda rights. He said he did not intend to harm the officer.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): Council
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-207
- Arrest Location: Riverview, FL
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Matthew Council's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/14/21 in the Middle District of Florida. Initial Appearance 1/14/21 in the Middle District of Florida. Indicted 3/10. Arraigned 4/8 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Released on personal recognizance bond. Status conference set for 8/27/21 10 am.
Amy Elizabeth Larson
Amy Elizabeth Larson UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Vivien Jo Cockburn
Vivien Jo Cockburn US ATTORNEY's OFFICE FOR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-Major Crimes Section 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on bond.
- #1-COMPLAINT as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #3-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond-Defendant MATTHEW COUNCIL placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #4-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to MATTHEW COUNCIL from US District Court Middle District of Florida Tampa Division
- #5-Consent MOTION to Continue the Status Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #7-ORDER granting 5 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #8-Consent MOTION to Continue the Status Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #10-ORDER granting 8 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #11-INDICTMENT as to MATTHEW COUNCIL (1)
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #14-ORDER granting 13 Motion for Protective Order as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #16-MOTION for Disclosure of Rule 6e and sealed materials by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #16-ORDER granting 15 Motion for Discovery as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #17-NOTICE of Discovery by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #20-NOTICE Of Discovery by USA as to MATTHEW COUNCIL
- #22-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #24-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing re Pretrial Violation Report by MATTHEW COUNCI
- Docket Download-6.17.21
In the news
- Coming soon