Mark Ponder is pictured swinging a pole at USCP. He struck an officer on the left shoulder. Ponder was tackled by Capitol Police shortly thereafter. It is not clear if he entered the Capitol building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Ponder
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-259
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/21/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/09/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Ponder's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Obstruction of Justice/Congress Assaulting a Federal Officer with a Dangerous or Deadly Weapon
Arrested on 03/17/2021. Ponder was indicted on 3/26/21 in the District of Columbia. Ponder pleaded not guilty to counts 1-12 on 3/31/21. Defendant held without bond. Next status conference set for 10/20/21 at 10 a.m. Trial scheduled for 1/3/22 at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
In the news
- Coming soon