Mark Ponder is pictured swinging a pole at USCP. He struck an officer on the left shoulder. Ponder was tackled by Capitol Police shortly thereafter. It is not clear if he entered the Capitol building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Ponder
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-259
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 12/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/09/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Ponder's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (2) Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder (3) Obstruction of Justice/Congress (4) Assaulting a Federal Officer with a Dangerous or Deadly Weapon (5)
Arrested on 03/17/2021. Ponder was indicted on 3/26/21 in the District of Columbia. Ponder pleaded not guilty to counts 1-12 on 3/31/21. On 4/22/22, Ponder plead guilty to count 1. On 7/26/22, he was sentenced to 63 months of incarceration, 36 months of supervised release;, a special assessment of $100 and restitution in the amount of $2,000 dollars.
Jocelyn Bond USAO-DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, N.W.-Washington, DC. 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Mark K. Ponder-29147-016 FCI EDGEFIELD FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION P.O. BOX 725 EDGEFIELD, SC 29824 Release date is 10/3/25
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-8.18.21
- Docket Download-8.3.21
- Ponder Complaint
- Ponder Statement of Facts
- Ponder Indictment
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MARK K. PONDER.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MARK K. PONDER
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Joseph Roll Conte appearing for MARK K. PONDER Designation CJA Appointment
- #8-NOTICE of Filing -- Defendant's Discovery Request by MARK K. PONDER
- #9-NOTICE of Filing -- Defendant's Discovery Request by MARK K. PONDER
- #10-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.17.2021 as to MARK K. PONDER
- #11-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #12-ORDER OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL
- #15-MOTION to Continue , MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Order To Disclose Protected Items by USA as to MARK K. PONDER.
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material-allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to MARK K. PONDER
- #19-ORDER- Granting 17 Motion for Order as to MARK K. PONDER
- #20-NOTICE of Filing -- Defendant's Acceptance of Protective Order by MARK K. PONDER
- #21-RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT
- #22-RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #23-NOTICE of Discovery Status by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #24-PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ORDER
- #25-NOTICE of Filing - Discovery Letter by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #26-PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM Re-Status of Discovery by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #33-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to WILLIAM POPE, MICHAEL POPE
- #34-Joint MOTION to Continue August 23, 2021 Status Conference by USA as to WILLIAM POPE, MICHAEL POPE.
- #35-Joint MOTION to Continue Trial Date by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #36-NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #37-ENTERED IN ERROR.MOTION in Limine to Limit Cross Examination of Witness by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #38-MOTION for Order in Limine to Limit Cross-Examination of Witness at Trial
- #39-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MARK K. PONDER
- #41-Joint MOTION for Order imposing jointly-proposed pretrial scheduling motion by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #42-PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM
- #43-ORDER as to MARK K. PONDER
- #44-Joint MOTION for Order Pretrial Scheduling Order by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #45-PRETRIAL ORDER
- #46-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MARK K. PONDER
- #47-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA
- #48-PLEA AGREEMENT as to MARK K. PONDER
- #49-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing Hearing by MARK K. PONDER
- #53-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MARK K. PONDER
- #54-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to MARK K. PONDER
- #59-JUDGMENT as to MARK K. PONDER
In the news
- Coming soon